Puzzled by this girl

dixie_flatline

dixie_flatline

Hey everyone

So there's this girl that I have a class with at school. I'm not sure if she likes me or not... she used to casually suggest that we do things together (for ex if we were talking about winter coming up she would say we should go skiing together), and we would have friendly banter like that sometimes after class.

We seemed to get along, so I got her phone number. But due to personal circumstances (suffering from depression and general anxiety disorder) I never asked her out. I wanted to, but that month or so was really bad for me. I didn't want to tell her that I suffered from depression cuz I thought it would be too heavy to discuss with someone I only know from school. Maybe she got disappointed, so she stopped initiating those conversations we used to have.

We hung out for lunch once. She usually has a really busy schedule (or so she says), but she took the time out to have lunch with me. She claimed that that was the first time this year that she's just hung out with someone during school hours. Her body language seemed "right": legs pointed and close to me, leaning in towards me, etc. But she also kept asking questions about me, and not letting me know about her too much. She seemed to enjoy our conversation though, and said "Let's continue this talk later!" even though we never set a time and she hasn't tried to initiate conversation after that.

But when I text her in a friendly way just to say hi and maybe share something funny, she'll reply instantly. Sometimes with a fairly lengthy reply. But her replies never make the conversation go any further, if you get what I mean. She never texts or calls me, but when I text/call her she seems quite happy to hear from me.

Is she just being friendly? Or playing hard to get? I'm totally puzzled with her.

Edited by dixie_flatline
  • 1 month later...
dreamingoftigers

Well you are at the point where you can ask to find out, if you are interested.