just sex- is he going to go through with it?

So this guy who I've met a few times (but it was YEARS ago) and he was married at the time so there was no interest there he was just sorta-friend of my ex at the time) found me on facebook and started emailing me. It was friendly at first and turned into way more. We started sending eachother pics and dirty emails and a few days ago he suggested we meet up just to talk. Sounds sort of like wtih online dating how you want to meet the other person first to make sure the pics they sent you are accurate and they don't weigh three hundred pounds) So he is supposed me to come to my house on friday night. He asked me what time was good for me and I told him and he said he gets off work about an hour before that so that was perfect and he'd be there. Now, he doesn't know where I live but I figured i'd give him directions closer to the time we are to meet. I don't know if anything would happen but I was hoping we'd hook up because we've talked about so much. He has sent me some pretty explicit emails detailing what we could do and it sounds like fun! He's been doing things like commenting on my facebook status (I'll write things that only we know about that we've talked about and I'll make it sound totally innocent) and he'll make a comment and he says he loves doign that because everyone can read it but only the two of us have any idea what is going on. So we made these plans on Monday of this week and tuesday everything was fine and he emailed me like normal and then last night (lately he's been emailing me every night but sometimes it takes him a day or two in the beginning) he didn't email me at all, even though he was on facebook because he changed some things on there (just minor things). I don't know if he just wants to back off or if he was busy or what. I'm a pessimist so I'm thinking the worst. I'm thinking he doesn't want to meet up on friday but he's just goign to stand me up (or never ask for directions) I've told him that if he doesn't want to go through with this we don't have to. that I'll understand but last night I sent him an email saying I'm kinda looking forward to seeing him saturday. NOthing more than that other than a comment about the last email he sent. I didn't write anything sexual but nor did I sound needy clingly etc. I know that if we do meet up it will be something casual as we've both agreed thats all we want. And that IS all I want. But now (I know its stupid to freak out over him not contacting me for one day when I said I want something casual) but I have NEVER done anything like this before and am not sure how it works. I just don't want to be looking forward to friday night and then he doesn't contact me and just blows me off. That will hurt and make me angry.

Does he plan to blow me off? If he's having 2nd thoughts why doesn't he just say hey you know what I can't make it? So i can make other plans. And if he does plan to get together on friday then why wouldn't he keep talking to me through out the week? Has he met someone else or is talking up someone else on fb that he suddenly found and would rather meet? He's in his 40's if that matters. I'm not sure what the protocol is for casual sex partners. We both just want a hook up, some flirting and thats it. But I still expect him to be honest with me.

• Author

Well he did show up, he contacted me that morning and got directions. WOW it was really worth it. We both want to do it again. Weird thing is he's contacted me every day (last three) since then even though we have plans this weekend for a repeat. Is he just trying to make sure I go through with it again? I don't want to cross any lines. He's saying stuff like "I miss you babe" and sending me texts saying he's laying in bed wishing he was holding me right now. I'm thinking he just thinks this is the way to keep me around. He was married for about 15 years and he hasn't slept with many women (his number is lower than mine) so I'm hoping he's not getting attached. I hate to sound like I have "guy mentality" but I really don't want a relatioship at ALL right now.