Moving from dating to just friends

So I was in this relationship for about a month. Everything went great except she was always "busy". I had to end it. After about a week I texted her and said I'd be willing to be friends (short version). She texted back and agreed (short version).

I could have walked but I wanted to reach out to her and pursue a friendship if possible. I did develop feelings for her and I care about her. Now, I'm going to try to lay those feelings aside, move on, date other people, and hopefully stay friends with her.

Question is: Now what? Do I wait for her to make contact or do I give her a call in say, one or two weeks? How do I make this transition? Secondly, I assume it's not my duty to suggest hanging out as friends and I should leave that up to her.

I've never done this before. Do you have any suggestions on what to do or not do and what duty do I have on my end with all this? I've heard about people becoming great friends post relationship, so I just want to be open to this.

Note: We were never physical together, also we do not hang out with the same circle of friends either. So it's not like we will bump into each other at a party.

Should you get a serious gf I'd be careful with this "friendship", due to the fact that you have strong feelings for her...just a suggestion.

• Author
Should you get a serious gf I'd be careful with this "friendship", due to the fact that you have strong feelings for her...just a suggestion.

If I do find a serious gf, then I would think this friendship should be a non issue. I don' think I follow you. Explain.