Men and women....Friends? OK or NOT?

I'm divorced since early this year

She's seemingly happily married for several years.

Our 13 yr old daughters are BEST friends....period...for the last 3 years

My week carpooling - i drop off her daughter at her work. today she sends me a text and says "im at home today"....i say "ok"....she says "you want to come in for coffee when you drop off X?" I say "sure that'd be cool".....

Her hubby is working

I have coffee, conversation about her previous ex, my ex. nothing more stimulating than holiday plans....she walks me through the house and shows me her artwork........have coffee in the den

Grab my daughter and we leave....her and her friend giggling wondering why me and her mom are "hanging out"...

totally akward....must be red flags popping up that i think i shouldnt have had coffee.....

She's mentioned to my now ex she thought i was "wonderful" last year....

If I were hubby i might not have liked someone having coffee in my den while i were working. Had i thought about it very much i probably wouldnt have had it. It felt akward.

My question is where do you draw the line? Can/is there room for men and women to be friends? Does it matter what their relationship status is?

Am I just being weird about this?

Edited by nsearch4u
spelllllling......
MorningCoffee
I'm divorced since early this year

She's seemingly happily married for several years.

Our 13 yr old daughters are BEST friends....period...for the last 3 years

My week carpooling - i drop off her daughter at her work. today she sends me a text and says "im at home today"....i say "ok"....she says "you want to come in for coffee when you drop off X?" I say "sure that'd be cool".....

Her hubby is working

I have coffee, conversation about her previous ex, my ex. nothing more stimulating than holiday plans....she walks me through the house and shows me her artwork........have coffee in the den

Grab my daughter and we leave....her and her friend giggling wondering why me and her mom are "hanging out"...

totally akward....must be red flags popping up that i think i shouldnt have had coffee.....

She's mentioned to my now ex she thought i was "wonderful" last year....

If I were hubby i might not have liked someone having coffee in my den while i were working. Had i thought about it very much i probably wouldnt have had it. It felt akward.

My question is where do you draw the line? Can/is there room for men and women to be friends? Does it matter what their relationship status is?

Am I just being weird about this?

No, you are not being weird. This may be her beginning to create an emotional tie, and emotional affair, since you shared stories of your respective ex's etc., and you got the walk-through. Um.

Maybe you can be a friend to the couple, but I doubt you, a single guy, can be a friend to just the wife -- without risking a lot -- especially as she's said she thinks you're "wonderful". See what I mean?