Oy effin' vey!

There's this guy who was pretty much my best friend/friend with benefits for about 2 years on and off. So last year was the last time I saw him in person as we went our separate ways. We kept in contact over email a bit throughout the year from time to time, but I didn't really talk to him much. Then tonight happens, and he basically tells me he wanted to date me but knew it wasn't fair to me (hectic schedule for him where we couldn't see each other much) and that he wishes he would've made more time for me. Basically he said everything I had suspected to be true, though he never told me till today. Now I'm pissed because he was my first real love, although I never told him. We got along so great and then he had to wait and tell me all of this. Oy vey!

I hate when people do this. It's like opening up a wound all over again. I think he was better off not telling you. You've both moved on and you already knew the truth about what he felt anyway...doesn't seem to make much sense to me at all. Some people just need to leave well enough alone. :rolleyes:

Feelin Frisky

When I look at you avatar and think "oy, vey", I just can't keep it together. My ginger ale shot out my nose. :D Forgive me. It's just a first.

But anyway, is it too late now? You seem young and two years doesn't seem like so much time that you can't overcome it (unless you are parted now but geography and it's impractical or you've both become invoved with someone else).

you two obviously still have feelings towards each other... so just start going out again.... it shouldn't be that hard

Oy vey indeed. Why did he have to wait 2 years to tell you? If he knows quite well it is never going to work, the best thing would have been to stay quiet and keep it a secret.

What did he want? A reaction? :rolleyes:

He had time to be your best friend and f*ck you, but he didn't have time to date you?

I call foul. No prejudice.

I smell a want coming.....there always is with these types.

• Author

He's claiming he wants to meet up just to "talk", lol. I'm not buying it though. And no I don't have feelings for him anymore, they're long gone now. I'm just pissed he told me this all now when he knows for a fact I liked him alot in the past, even before we started sleeping together. I think the fact that I told him that I was moving in with my boyfriend is what got him to tell me. I guess he wanted me to say "oh no I'll do anything to be with you, including leave my boyfriend." But this ship has sailed, I don't want him or any of my exes who had a chance with me and either blew it or passed it up. He had his turn, missed it, and has to deal with it.

• Author
When I look at you avatar and think "oy, vey", I just can't keep it together. My ginger ale shot out my nose. :D Forgive me. It's just a first.

Lol I always say that now. It's a habit for some reason. :D

Feelin Frisky
Lol I always say that now. It's a habit for some reason. :D

Now that I think of it, I guess he could be Jewish. Not that I'm Jewish or anything. My longest term love was African American. I can't imagine thinking oye vey or oye gelfite fish when I think about her though. It's just funny. But wherever she is, oye vey Ishmiel, I still love her. :D

He has only told you because you have a boyfriend now. Its the old, *want what you can't have* syndrome.

Are you really going to meet up with him?

• Author
He has only told you because you have a boyfriend now. Its the old, *want what you can't have* syndrome.

Are you really going to meet up with him?

No I'm not going to. I really don't even want to see him again due to our past together. He had his chance, I told him before I went off to university that I wanted to be with him even if it meant going to a different university. He told me no and so he chose what he wanted with me at that moment. I'm so pissed that he didn't tell me sooner though because it's like he watched me sit there and pine after him for all those years without even giving me a chance. Plus, I don't trust him. He says he just wants to talk but I'm no idiot.

And for Feelin Frisky, my boyfriend's Irish Canadian. Not Jewish, lol. :laugh: