It is for real and I'm terrified

blessed chick

blessed chick

I am in the most amazing relationship. I have been burned so many times that I fear messing this up. I always hoped the possibility of soul mates existed, and if they do he is it. The similarities in our personalities, goals, outlook, and life experiences are uncanny. As if that weren't enough I now know his family and close friends and have experienced similar coincidences. Not only that, but I am completely physically and mentally attracted to him.

I have always been the one in a relationship who felt less than the other person. I now wonder why I didn't hold out for more in the past. All I know now is that I am intimidated by these feelings. He feels the same way and questions why this is happening. Yet it continues to progress on every level. Are these feelings of trepidation normal? Will they subside?

Sounds like you've found something really great. It's like winning the lottery. You sort of have to stare at your ticket for a while, look at the numbers over and over to be sure you haven't made a mistake. Once it's sunk in that you've won, then you worry about where to hide the ticket so it will be safe until you can get to the lottery office.

We all have these crazy feelings when something great happens to us. It first has to sink into our heads that it's real. Then we want to ensure that we don't lose it. I will tell you that you need to cool your jets, enjoy things, but take things really slow. Relationships that go bonkers very quickly can go bad just as fast. You have a very great situation here and you want to build on it slowly so it is strong and will endure.

So be happy you've found such a great person. You need to be sure, even in your passion, that you continue to hold his interest by being a bit unpredictable and not so available...and not so nice all the time. After all the fireworks simmer down, there is nothing that will cause the flames of passion to burn out faster than to cease being a challenge, to be too nice and around too much. Always leave your guy wanting more.

This will be hard to do because you want to be with him all the time...don't overdo it...a man really loves a woman who has other things going on in her life besides him. Don't smother this guy or you will lose him. Stay really cool.

Sounds like a great thing you've got going here!!!