is he interested or not?!?

Hi,

Newie on a forum, 23 years old Romanian female studying in Paris. I’m in Paris for half an year and before coming here I left my boyfriend after a 4 years old relationship. I don't believe I would have have the courage, had I stayed at home…

After the first 4 month of getting used to being alone, Paris won and I started going out quite a lot. I met this French guy. Interestingly enough, he is not crazy about me :). Nor do we see each other more often than once a week, once every two weeks. It'a about a month and a half we've started dating.

I’ve told myself to just forget about the guy, butevery once in a while I get this nice email or messages and I simply give in. He works, quite busy actually, but still… I fancy him, it's just that he’s keeping the distance. I am a bit confused – out of the ‘dating market’ for a while, but shouldn’t the guy do something more obvious if he were interested?

I am a bit more impulsive and my instincts kind of tell me to move on… this week-end I’m supposed to meet some of his friends. Big step! Still…

If you're just there studying, perhaps he doesn't want to take the chance that he'll fall in love with you and then you'll leave?

I don't really see the problem. You can look around for other bf, and also date this one whenever he surfaces. He clearly does not want heavy involvement now - but that doesn't mean you can't have fun together. Just don't fall in love, and definitely don't have sex unless you're sure that it won't bother you if he never turns up again.

Paris has many male residents.

Bonne chance!

The problem is that I really really like the guy. And it seems that I am getting to the old problem - being attracted to jerks. guys who want to have the cake and eat it too - like to go out with me, but don't want the fuss and the "comittment" -that's a word that scares the **** out of them.

I guess my question is can you tell from the start that he's willing to commit to whatever it is that we're having or is it something that comes along.

Because I am not the type to go out with a lot of guys in the same time - I can be perfectly miserable by simply dating one man who's not good for me, ha ha (I've been reading the topics on the forum:) !!