Should I apologize to him so that we can be normal around each other?

flowergirl85

I met this guy 3 months ago through friends. We hooked up at a party and would mostly see each other at parties and have sex. We also went on two dates.

Last week we had a talk about our relationship status where he told me that although he likes me, he is not in love and wants to have a casual relationship. I halfheartedly agreed. He also told me that he has a lot of issues in his life as his younger sister is critically ill in the hospital with a heart infection. He is also very shy and inexperienced and has never had a gf before.

A couple of days ago I went to his house for a party. He acted cold and distant and showed no affection to me and flirted with other girls. He asked me to stay over that night and we had very mechanical sex with no kissing and cuddling, very different from the previous times.

I was really angry at him because he showed me no affection and was cold. So yesterday I confronted him at a party when we were both drunk. I told him that he was rude and inconsiderate and he told me that he ignored me on purpose because he did not want to get emotionally involved. He told me that the casual relationship was a bad idea and he will wait for the "perfect girl". He was also screaming at me the whole time. He also said that he was offended because I did not ask him about his sister. He kind of implied that the emotional distance and awkwardness was my fault but he was the one who blew hot and cold and emotionally distant! I ended up crying in front of him and being very vulnerable, emotional and dramatic.

I acted like a complete emotional mess in front of him and kind of regret it. Should I apologize to him so that things are not so awkward between us? What should I say to him? I want things to be normal because we have a lot of mutual friends and do not want it to be awkward when I bump into him.