Depressing times..

Hey, just looking for some advice. First time doing this so please excuse me if my etiquette is incorrect.

Basically, im very interested in this girl. Previously (few years back) she was dating one of my best friends but to be honest he didnt really care for her and so they broke up. I had always been interested in her but after my mate was with her I felt as though I had to leave it (bro code and all). Also, he said to me on the sly he didnt care if I got with her and so I began to get close to her.

On one occasion (stupidly), I got wasted, and basically told her everything and how I always liked her (or so im told). To be honest, I think she knew how I felt anyway. Now things are a bit different and even though we're close, things are kinda different. Shes gotten a bit closer...

The problem is however that shes always telling me about her love life and I really dont want to know. Shes always complaining to me about how shes treated, and I always think that she knows, and I know id treat her a lot better. I dont really like to hear it but I always seem to listen to it. I dont know why.

Ive always wanted to be with her, but I dont really think I can. I dont think she has any interest in me.

Any advice on what I can do? or what I should do?

Many gracious thanks in advance.

PS. to be honest she is gorgeous, and I reckon out of my league...