A happy thread for the Happy Other Woman/Man

KarmasTestDummy

My M is just wonderful, YVM!
I know! And good for the two of you!

Your "bad" marriage isn't what brought you to LS. My point exactly! :)

And though my sweety and I aren't married (though he could have my medical insurance if we were :rolleyes:), we've been together 5 1/2 years and are EXTREMELY happy together. That may not be married, but it is most CERTAINLY not "single" in any sense of the word. :love:

Um, because the M&LP section OF LS is what started this little side topic. Try to keep up, okay? There certainly aren't that many LS member talking about lousy marriages. Most of them talk about trying to get dates or how to deal with their AP.

Go back to math class, because if THAT is what you read in my post - I give up. :laugh:

I didn't know you were talking about LS when you made the statement about you belonging to the huge happy majority. I indeed missed the mention of M&LP section of LS. Could you try to be helpful and point out where was that mentioned in this thread? Cheers.

Well, since this side topic began with the options of marriage v. being single, I would tend to think they meant at least MOST marriages.

Well, if they did, I would have to disagree too. Being part of a long M with love and respect, where each appreciates the other, is really great and an achievable goal, with some luck, for those whose values are compatible with such a relationship.

I didn't know you were talking about LS when you made the statement about you belonging to the huge happy majority. I indeed missed the mention of M&LP section of LS. Could you try to be helpful and point out where was that mentioned in this thread? Cheers.

Okay. Now I have to take my OWN advice and "keep up." lol

You quoted the same person who talked about the same thing in another "happy" thread, so I confused the two. :o

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3145513#post3145513

LS is where she claims to bolster her beliefs about M being a lousy deal, and it apparently drifted over into THIS "happy" thread as well.

Yes, I've seen lousy marriages. I think we tend to hear more about them - in the media, from unhappy friends, relatives, etc. But how many people just start confiding in you about how HAPPY their M is? They don't because it's just a given that their M is happy - to them. That's really more the point. It's like watching the news and expecting to hear happy stories more than unhappy ones. It just AIN'T gonna happen. People confide their unhappy stuff for support. They don't go bragging about their great lives. Especially to unhappy people. ;)

Go on, give yourselves high five. :rolleyes:

You seem to have posted a lot in this thread Ellin about it being all about happy affair stories and how other posters should stay on track, so I would appreciate it if you could direct me to your own "on topic" post please.

I'm not an OW and never have been so I can't post with my own story. But I can say that the OW who was involved with my fWH seems to have had the happy ending that so many OW aspire to. The OMM she was having an A with at the same time as she was in an A with my H, left his own BW and recently moved in with the OW.

Three families including her own, have been devastated by the affairs between the OW and the 2 MM (this is a total of 8 children); and the 2 BW (one of whom is me) have been left in emotional turmoil. The other BW is not doing very well at all, and she is a lovely lady. In keeping with the OP though I expect the OW is "happy".

I don't expect the "unapologetic" OWs to feel the least bit of embarrassment over this type of situation but I would like those who do have compassion for other people to at least think about what they are doing, and their own complicity in wreaking havoc on other people's relationships.

I just hate it when threads degenerate into a serious of off topic, insulting, sarcastic, bickering, mean, irrelevant posts that I am way to tired to delete. Thanks for participating...those who behaved nicely.