Friends becoming more

I have been close friends with this guy for about 5 years, on and off. When we first met we tried dating but discovered we were much better as "just friends". Throughout the years we have shared a lot, becoming almost best friends, even advising each other on potential dates for each other. He moved away a few years ago, we kept in touch, and recently he moved back to my area and took a new job, so now we hang out more than ever.

Recently I was in a situation where a friend, someone who was going to be moving in with me, began hitting on him, and to my complete surprise, I reacted with confusion and jealousy. i didn't understand this at all, and it really bothered me. This was someone i loved like a brother! so.. I was forced to take a step back and look at the situation to see what my problem was. I came to the conclusion I am starting to develop feelings for him.

I went to my friend and explained the situation, that i was confused, and asked her to just back off for a little while, so i could figure out what was going on. she totally agreed, but in the meantime, he found out about what i had said. I was honest with him, just said i was trying to sort things out. He smiled all the while we were talking about it, finding it pretty humorous i'm sure!! But he never said how he felt about me.

anyway, now things are different. we still hang out, go out to eat, watch movies and so on, but he's different. He finds ways to move up against me, touch my hair, pick up and hold my hand for a second. stuff he never did before. it's driving me crazy. i feel like we're dancing around this topic but i can't bear to bring it up again! i feel like he knows how i feel and is using it to his advantage. i can't believe i'm getting all tongue tied and butterflies in the stomach around him! this is a guy i used to tell everything to!

i am pretty old fashioned and would not feel right to just reach up and kiss the guy, i want for him to make a move, or at least be honest about how he's feeling. i feel like i'm in high school again and don't know what to do!