getting normal knowledge

Go straight ahead, take the second on your left then the third on your right. You should see a shop with a small round window. Usually there's a cat visible through it, on the inside windowsill. If you don't see this, it means you've taken a wrong turning and must start from the beginning. If you do see it, then you're on the right track. Keep going, past the Bon Viveur chocolate shop, the pharmacy and the Barber's shop.

Finally, you will see a shop with a sign outside depicting a tree, Adam and Even and the words "Ye olde normal knowledge." Go inside the shop. You will find yourself in a large room. There will be a door on the left and another on the right. Each one is guarded by a man. One of these two men is the person responsible for restricting you in your quest for normal knowledge. He guards the door to freedom and normal knowledge. The other guards the door to death and eternal ignorance. If you had normal knowledge you'd know that at this point I'm stealing ideas, which I wouldn't be able to do if I didn't have so much normal knowledge.

Anyway, one of the men always lies. The other always tells the truth. You don't know which is the liar and which is the honest man. You may ask one of them a question. He will answer either yes or no. If you ask the right question, you will know which door to walk through in order to obtain freedom and normal knowledge.

Good luck and God speed.

:love: :love:

:love: :love:

I was going to edit it. I see I wrote "Adam and Even" instead of Adam and Eve. I want to clarify that it is Adam and Eve. God forbid I carry more than my share of blame for Jean Luc getting lost.

Then what is the issue?

There isn't one. Everything has been nicely settled.

Why can't I be pointed in the way of normal life knowledge?

You don't need to be pointed. You asserted in this thread that you will get it, you have argued persuasively (in other threads) that everyone acquires it by default, and I completely agree with you that nobody has the right to stop you.

Glad we got that all sorted.

Edited by Trimmer
  • Author
jean-luc sisko
There isn't one. Everything has been nicely settled.

You don't need to be pointed. You asserted in this thread that you will get it, you have argued persuasively (in other threads) that everyone acquires it by default, and I completely agree with you that nobody has the right to stop you.

Glad we got that all sorted.

So why can't I be shown how to get it? You're not being very rational.

Maybe you could be shown, but I believe you are either unable or unwilling to invest the effort it would take on your part.

Read posts #17 and #18 in this thread:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2989741&postcount=17

To summarize, I was trying to ask you if you would consider seeking professional help. I asked you if you really wanted to change, and you told me "Oh **** you."

I'll take that as a "no."

Nobody else has the right to stop you; nobody is trying to stop you.

You, however, are stopping yourself by inaction.

Oh dear. If you had normal knowledge, you'd see exactly how rational Trimmer is being.

Never mind. The good news is that rain shine or snow, I'll never give up on you. I've worked out exactly what direction to point you in in order to acquire normal knowledge. It doesn't matter where you're standing or what direction you're facing...because all roads lead to one very important source of normal knowledge. Click on the following link, please.

http://www.popculturepost.com/2009/02/03/the-curious-case-of-simon-cowell/

That is Simon Cowell at the age of 19, before he acquired normal knowledge. Here he is just over a decade later, using normal knowledge to compete for a small hatcback car in a popular daytime game show called Sale of the Century.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-a7DYz-cs

Another 10 years passed, and Simon learned one of the most important methods of acquiring normal knowledge....

http://www.sciencecontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Simon-Cowell.jpg

He is now worth a nine figure sum. ,For any questions pertaining to the acquisition of normal knowledge, you can contact Simon Cowell via Max Clifford Associates.

• Author
jean-luc sisko
Maybe you could be shown, but I believe you are either unable or unwilling to invest the effort it would take on your part.

Read posts #17 and #18 in this thread:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2989741&postcount=17

To summarize, I was trying to ask you if you would consider seeking professional help. I asked you if you really wanted to change, and you told me "Oh **** you."

I'll take that as a "no."

Nobody else has the right to stop you; nobody is trying to stop you.

You, however, are stopping yourself by inaction.

What effort? i want it and want it now.

Go straight ahead, take the second on your left then the third on your right. You should see a shop with a small round window. Usually there's a cat visible through it, on the inside windowsill. If you don't see this, it means you've taken a wrong turning and must start from the beginning. If you do see it, then you're on the right track. Keep going, past the Bon Viveur chocolate shop, the pharmacy and the Barber's shop.

Finally, you will see a shop with a sign outside depicting a tree, Adam and Even and the words "Ye olde normal knowledge." Go inside the shop. You will find yourself in a large room. There will be a door on the left and another on the right. Each one is guarded by a man. One of these two men is the person responsible for restricting you in your quest for normal knowledge. He guards the door to freedom and normal knowledge. The other guards the door to death and eternal ignorance. If you had normal knowledge you'd know that at this point I'm stealing ideas, which I wouldn't be able to do if I didn't have so much normal knowledge.

Anyway, one of the men always lies. The other always tells the truth. You don't know which is the liar and which is the honest man. You may ask one of them a question. He will answer either yes or no. If you ask the right question, you will know which door to walk through in order to obtain freedom and normal knowledge.

Good luck and God speed.

Don't listen to her Jean-luc, she of smooth language can make right look like wrong, and wrong look like right.

Wisdom and knowledge were never given to man, Tirawa did not speak directly to him. They were given to the animals, the birds, trees, stars, sun and moon. You must speak to them if you wish to learn.

Don't listen to her Jean-luc, she of smooth language can make right look like wrong, and wrong look like right.

Wisdom and knowledge were never given to man, Tirawa did not speak directly to him. They were given to the animals, the birds, trees, stars, sun and moon. You must speak to them if you wish to learn.

Never mind all that. Did you watch that link I provided of Simon Cowell showing off his normal knowledge on Sale of the Century? I thought he had a certain youthful Hugh Grantish, vacuous charm about him. So pretty!

Never mind all that. Did you watch that link I provided of Simon Cowell showing off his normal knowledge on Sale of the Century? I thought he had a certain youthful Hugh Grantish, vacuous charm about him. So pretty!

I just did, and in doing so gained a knowledge I wish I could forget. I now know I can use the word pretty to descibe a man. It seems so right and yet so wrong, she of smooth language.

I just did, and in doing so gained a knowledge I wish I could forget. I now know I can use the word pretty to descibe a man. It seems so right and yet so wrong, she of smooth language.

I felt as though there was a certain unspoken but perfectly normal knowledge being exchanged between Simon Cowell and Peter Marshall. The guy in the child's go-kart looked as though he was up for gaining a bit of normal knowledge too.

ETA. Jean-luc is correct. I just went for another look at the incredibly pretty 19 year old Simon Cowell, and the picture had "expired". This is just dreadful. Somebody out there genuinely is trying to block jean-luc from obtaining normal knowledge.

Protocol 1, Article 2 on education: "Article 2 provides for the right not to be denied an education and the right for parents to have their children educated in accordance with their religious and other views. It does not however guarantee any particular level of education of any particular quality."

Edited by Taramere
  • Author
jean-luc sisko

i want the knowledge by default, there is no reason why i cannot get it.

You could get it by default, or advertise for it through Craigslist. I see you've already tried obtaining it from the Student Room without much success even though according to somebody called Pink Bullets, you've been asking the question there repeatedly for two years now. On the plus side, on googling "normal knowledge" that thread of yours was one of the top entries. When it comes to getting hits, you've got almost as much normal knowledge as Simon Cowell. Bless!

• Author
jean-luc sisko

why can't i get normal knowledge?

The fact is nobody can state a reason why not. if it offends others, then those people should cope in life by meditating or seek out therapy. there is no reason why not, so i should get it now.

What an interesting thread :D

I support the OP's quest for normal knowledge - if I could wave a magic wand, I'd guarantee that he gets it right now.

I've scanned the similar threads you've posted on the other sites in your quest for normal knowledge.

I salute your dedication to your craft. :D

i want normal knowledge, who is to say i cannot or should not get it?

Nobody is saying that.

why can't i have normal knowledge?

Because you do not seek it. See here:

You "want it", but apparently you do not want it enough to invest any energy or effort.

So once again, you have answered your own question. If there is no reason why you cannot get it, your problem is solved.

why can't i get normal knowledge?

You just said yourself, that there is no reason why you cannot get it. I agree with you.

if it offends others, then those people should cope in life by meditating or seek out therapy.

Why should they expend the effort?

creighton0123

Gooses! Geeses!

I want my geese to lay gold eggs for Easter

At least a hundred a day and by the way:

I want a feast. I want a bean feast.

Cream buns and doughnuts and fruitcake with no nuts

So good you could go nuts

Give it to me now!

• Author
jean-luc sisko
Nobody is saying that.

Because you do not seek it. See here:

You "want it", but apparently you do not want it enough to invest any energy or effort.

So once again, you have answered your own question. If there is no reason why you cannot get it, your problem is solved.

You just said yourself, that there is no reason why you cannot get it. I agree with you.

Why should they expend the effort?

why should i expend the effort? why can't i have it by default?

• Author
jean-luc sisko
Gooses! Geeses!

I want my geese to lay gold eggs for Easter

At least a hundred a day and by the way:

I want a feast. I want a bean feast.

Cream buns and doughnuts and fruitcake with no nuts

So good you could go nuts

Give it to me now!

why can't I have it? What business is it of anybody else?

creighton0123
why can't I have it? What business is it of anybody else?

It's the library's business whether or not they give you a card to check out materials to gain normal knowledge. Of course, the question in and of itself - gaining normal knowledge - is subjective. Chances are the only person stopping you is you.