Crush on Old Time Classmate and Doesn't know .

Hey guys.

I've had a crush on her way back since middle school, now that we are both in college, it's been years since I last talked to or seen her. She goes to college really far about hundreds of miles and we both lived on the same hometown. So I finally found her on facebook and send messages mostly about how we are both doing. Not really a long conversation. She has been living in her college place and came back for the holidays. So I asked her if we can go hang out and catch up. She said sure and I asked for her number. We both didn't know when. So she just told me to just let her know.

I asked her Tuesday night, and said sure. Days passed by until it was that day. Then minutes later she text me that she couldn't make it because she will be with the family. Then she said that since she is going back to her college place in a few weeks for 4 years, she is not trying to start anything. I told her that I understand. That's when I told her that I had a crush on her back then because I thought it was worth a shot. She said that she did not know that. Then she said that if I wanted to we can go talk for a while then see a movie as friends. I was disappointed when she said as friends, so I did not have the thought of hanging out anymore because I thought that it wasn't going to do anything but stay friends. Then I said maybe "I'm not sure yet." It will be on Sunday from today after Christmas. Should I go?

I feel sad and empty now because she will be gone for 4 years and I won't have the chance to get to know her better. I really think she was the one because we both share the same interests and that I'm only 2 days older that her. I can't let that go. Do you think that I will be on her mind from time to time because she knows that I have a crush on her now? Do you think it will change her mind about being friends? Will she probably look me up after 4 years? Because I really can wait for her, but only if I was sure that she had the same feelings. I hope that is possible.

Any advice guys? Thanks.

Edited by cjm.