I'm in love with a nurse.

Hey all,

I am very love sick... Alright here's the story so far...

I am 23 year old, I have Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and completely wheelchair and ventilator bound. I can't do for my self like showers, eating, dressing ect. So, I had to get a day time CNA nurse because my mom was no longer able to care for me. Since she broke her back. I don't get out much which causes me to be very lonely. I've never had any luck getting a girlfriend, girls don't even look at me. The nurse I have is a woman she is in her 40's. But she is beautiful in every way. She shows me so much attention and kindness. She is so kind to me. I have falling for her. She always tells me she loves me and hugs me every time she sees me. I know she feels something or I want to believe she has feelings outside of friendship. She spends so much time with me and we play computer games most of the day together. And when we hold hands I get this rush of emotions I can't explain. She does everything for me. And I know there's a big age gap since I'm 23. I don't know what to do? If I tell her how I feel, I'm afraid she'll leave me. If something doesn't give my heart is going to explode! I feel like I'm dying the slowest death. Please help me!

Picture of me

Ryan

• Author

She just got out of bad marriage...But she says she's interested in a relationship she told my mom the other day...

She goes anywhere I go to help me...

Taking her out to eat as a "friend"

Asking her to hold my hand (maybe over the line)

Being a good listener

Telling her she looks nice

Telling her that I love her (she always tells me she loves me and gives me a big hug every day)

I'm new at this....

• Author

I am the same age as her two sons... I'm the one that said I love first, now she started saying it to me... No one knows about this crush but you, me and my mom. I scared to tell anyone I know personally. Why I want to hold her hands is because her hands feel so good (as a friendship thing so don't get that wrong).

I mean like did you do something different to your, because it looks great (not trying to be sexual to her). So, you think lunch would kinds work? But how do I ask her without being weird? And the only reasons I know how her hands feel because she hold my hands to move my arms.

creighton0123
She does everything for me.

Ryan, she is paid to do everything for you. Still, some of her behavior towards you sounds pretty unprofessional unless you require some form of touch therapy.

Outside of being paid to care for you, she is showing signs that she legitimately feels for you as a caretaker would feel towards a patient. Don't confuse the two. My fear is that if you express feelings towards her, she won't be your nurse for much longer...

I would find a way to curb your attraction. It is almost ALWAYS inappropriate to be romantic with someone in a professional setting, which is where she is when she's with you.

You got the short end of the stick. I'm so sorry :-( /hug