weird or not

So i need alittle help. Is it weird that i start hanging out with a new friend and her ex boyfriend and now just friend ask her to meet me and pressured her into it.

Here is the back info. They dated like 7 years ago off and on for about a year. shortly after they broke up he moved for like four years. they did not really talk at all. And he moved backed in June and they began to talk and hang out again. He dates like a different girl every day it seems even she cant keep up with all the girls. But he never asks to come over to her house he just stops in when he wants and wont leave till she go out to drink with him. It use to be just on Fridays and Saturdays. but after he had to meet me for some reason he stops over all the time and is always texting and calling. Seems to me now more then ever before. She and i get along so well and have alot of fun together but he always brings it down. She is not looking to date which is why we are friends but i am waiting. So in the mean time we just go out and she is into pottery big time so i help her with that. And we have only been hanging out for like 4 months now. So is he after her or just mad we spend so much time together and afraid he is loosing a friend or something?

• Author

I know he is looking for something. But that way noway. The girl we are both friends with joke about how he changes from girl to girl like every week.

• Author

I dont get that. I Have seen him at her house since but have not gone out with him or the both of them since. I was thinking he is worried about all the time i was spending with her.

Okay maybe I'm confused. If what you're saying is that you don't see him much then yes he is worried he will lose the attention she gives him. Honestly it seems like he uses your friend as a doormat and she allows it. He seems controlling. Whenever someone who gets attention from someone seems threaten that they will lose the attention they start popping into someone's life more to ensure their spot in that person's life. He wants to know he still has her attention

• Author

I know she allows it. But how do i make her see it? And why is her attention so important to him? Not three weeks before he had to meet me she was conplaining about how she feels that he uses her for only when he needs something ( someone to go drinking with or a place to sleep). They have been friends off and on for years. He is controlling in many ways.He stops in when ever he wants doesn"t call or text just cames right in. And even if i am there it doesn"t stop him he will come in and tell her they are going out for a drink. Funny how it works. She nevers says no just goes with it. And he 9 times out of 10 ends up sleeping on the couch.