I have a crush on my friend. Is he interested in me too?

OK, so I have a crush on my friend. We've known each about 5 months. We share a lot of the same views on things, same values, religious values, we want to settle down in the same place, we're both living overseas...and want to settle down over here. We have compatible personalities, have great conversation and never run out of anything to talk about. We grew up with similar family backgrounds.

At first, I was inviting him everywhere...so I decided to take a step back. And stopped, then he started inviting me and including me in things. Al of our mutual friends think we look good together and seem to really match each other well. He is conservative like me. Even at parties, he could be having conversation, normal,with other people or girls....but he will always look for me, and ask me to come and dance.

Tonight, he walked me home, and for the first time, invited himself in....nothing happened. We just sat and talked. He said he is looking for a relationship, and is ready and open for one. And asked for my views about dating with another culture. But I couldn't understand, why he ask about me and him, when we have so much in common. That touching thing, leaning in towards each other, we do that too sometimes. But, he was talking about other women, and what I think. But what about me? Why doesn't he see me? He includes me in things that he does, makes plans for other things...and even he brought up the relationship question. What's the point? Is he interested? What is he thinking? What should I do?

I'd say him talking to you about other girls is a bad sign. But, talking to you while at a party with other girls, is a sign that he's into you. Hanging out with you, alone, at your apartment, is another sign that he's into you. Was he talking to you about specific other girls or general things? If the questions were general, he may just be feeling you out for your perpspective on relationships, to see if you'd like him. If they were specific, ("Cindy and I hung out. Blah blah blah happened. Do you think she likes me?") probably means he's into Cindy.

• Author

When he talked about other girls, he was general. He didn't mention any names at all. 2 of my friends we're talking to him. They asked him if he'd been hanging out with me lately. And he said that because of his studies, he basically was soo busy and neglected to spend more time with me. But now, he is changing that and said he wanted to spend more time with me. And he has been doing that.

And when people talk, he sometimes mentions things he and I talked about in conversation. He refers to me a lot.

It's possible he's just shy/has low social skills and was trying to maneuver you into admitting that you'd rather date someone from your own culture - like him! On the other hand it's possible he was trying to hint that he isn't interested in you like that... what confusing signals! Either way he doesn't sound very direct, so my guess is you'll have to be the one to put everything on the line.

Wishing you the best of luck!