Rebuilding trust

Hello everyone in the land of the lovelorn.....any advice/recommendations for helping to rebuild trust in a relationship? Any books? I seem to attract people that lie and deceive and keep getting hurt by their deceptions. Help? Jenny

I don't think you need help rebuilding trust as much as you need help attracting people who are honest.

Review the people you hang around, look at where you meet people, listen more closely and remove yourself from situations where you are being lied to. Don't get paranoid but we live in a much different world now, where many people are without conscience and have no problem lying and deceiving.

I personally don't waste my time trying to rebuild trust in a relationship. If somebody screws me over more than twice, I'm just out of there. But if you must hang around, you simply have to make a decision to trust. There is no magic formula.

There are books on trust and deception and you will find them in the self-help section of most good bookstores. If you begin to just exit from someone's life when they deceive you, eventually the universe will get the idea and present you with only honest people. I know it sounds hokey but it is a universal law.

However, one qualification. You must be very honest and straightforward yourself in order to qualify for guys who are honest and trustworthy.

You should also not hand out trust so quickly or easily. Let each person earn your trust over a period of time. Test them.