im in love with my best friend.

ok, so im an 18 year old girl. annnd im in love with my best friend. who is also a girl. i dont know what to do. ive never liked another girl before. ive never admitted this to anyone before either. we started gettin close over a year ago. we hit it off instantly. she said i always make her happy. weve been texting 24/7 pretty much since we became friends. i know she has messed around with another girl a few years ago. but she's said she is still in love with her ex boyfriend.. but, we hang out a lot. everytime we leave each other, we give long hugs. we always sleep extra close and cuddle sometimes. in our goodnight texts, we always say 'i love you'. she has told me that no one makes her feel better about herself than me. she calls me baby, my love, and stuff like that. she really means the world to me. im so afraid to lose her :( blahh.

Until she can give her heart freely, you're never really going to be the person that you want to be in her life.

At the moment, she appears to be getting everything that she wants out of you but all your needs aren't being met.

If you're not okay with just the physical side then it's better to step away before your heart gets even more involved. A little hurt now is better than a big hurt later.

ok, so im an 18 year old girl. annnd im in love with my best friend. who is also a girl. i dont know what to do. ive never liked another girl before. ive never admitted this to anyone before either. we started gettin close over a year ago. we hit it off instantly. she said i always make her happy. weve been texting 24/7 pretty much since we became friends. i know she has messed around with another girl a few years ago. but she's said she is still in love with her ex boyfriend.. but, we hang out a lot. everytime we leave each other, we give long hugs. we always sleep extra close and cuddle sometimes. in our goodnight texts, we always say 'i love you'. she has told me that no one makes her feel better about herself than me. she calls me baby, my love, and stuff like that. she really means the world to me. im so afraid to lose her :( blahh.

Hi there and welcome to LS :)

Well this sounds like something that could potentially be a nice relationship, but like January said you want to make sure it's not going to progress on an unequal basis where you don't get what you want out of it. Have the two of you talked about the status of your relationship together? And what is the situation with her ex?

SincereOnlineGuy

I don't get any vibes from you that rule out something even closer. The fact that you know she has "messed around with another girl" sure makes it clear that there is hope...

I can't say for sure that both of you won't be impulsively drawn to guys for the long haul, but I think that if you find a way to admit CLEAR interest in having sexual relations with her, it will be taken fairly well by her (whether she wants that or not).

In any romantic situation, somebody has to step up and show considerable vulnerability in order to get things off the ground.

• Author

thank you all :) its so cool that i can talk to you guys.

her and ex have been split for a year. but, they still talk like everyday. it sucks. he has a girlfriend now though, so i dont think they talk really now.

one thing i forgot is that she graduates from high school this year, and she is going to a college eight hours away from here :( so would it be a bad idea to tell her my feelings before she leaves to college? so that if it fails, it wouldnt be as hard to get over her. since i wouldnt have to see her.