the tables have turned

help me

I dated a girl about three years ago. We had sex a few times, but not much else. That is because we were about 1000 miles apart from each other for the most of it. however we were faithful. She even said that she loved me on a few of our regular telephone conversations. Anyway, things were going too fast for me and I broke up with her on her only visit to see me. I did it with no tact. i was as mean as could be without really trying to be, but I was. anyway, we talked a couple of days ago and had dinner last night. We did the things that we never really did, which was to really get to know each other. I found out that she really is what I am looking for. We talked for over 5 hours over dinner. i was a total gentleman b/c I wanted to show her that I was no longer that person. The subject of what happened never ame up and we had a good time, but nothing at all happened. I just want to know if i have just blown it or if there might be hope and how to let her know how I feel without just forcing things to move incredibly fast because I want to take it slow and get to know this incredible girl again. Any help would be nice.

I dated a girl about three years ago. We had sex a few times, but not much else. That is because we were about 1000 miles apart from each other for the most of it. however we were faithful. She even said that she loved me on a few of our regular telephone conversations. Anyway, things were going too fast for me and I broke up with her on her only visit to see me. I did it with no tact. i was as mean as could be without really trying to be, but I was. anyway, we talked a couple of days ago and had dinner last night. We did the things that we never really did, which was to really get to know each other. I found out that she really is what I am looking for. We talked for over 5 hours over dinner. i was a total gentleman b/c I wanted to show her that I was no longer that person. The subject of what happened never ame up and we had a good time, but nothing at all happened. I just want to know if i have just blown it or if there might be hope and how to let her know how I feel without just forcing things to move incredibly fast because I want to take it slow and get to know this incredible girl again. Any help would be nice.

Hi there,

Show her the repsect you want to. Acknowledge how badly you treated her, and that you feel awful, because you think she is a special person. I think it's best to get it out in the open. Hopefully, she will understand why you acted as you did- it's not uncommon. Obviously what you did do, didn't put her off. So show her how much she does mean to you, by explaining how awful you feel for the way you treated her- and that you'd like to make it up to her.

good luck

Ido not think that you have blown it yet. According to what you said about dinner,etc. it sounds like everything is all good. If you would like to pursue a relationship with this young lady, I believe you should start it out with a clean slate. I think you should tell her that you want a relationship with her, but you would like to take it slow so you two can really get to know eachother.

Honesty is the best policy and she will respect you for your honesty. (i would)also you are not leading her on to think you are ready to go full speed ahead.

billy the kid

help me, well if she spent 5 hours with you it sounds like she is wanting to give you another chance,so talk to her and tell her how you feel. I'm pretty sure she will let you know if your wasting your time or not... and then again for being mean to her the first time around, payback can be a bitch...

I think that the fact that she went out with you again shows that she is willing to give you a second chance. It must have been humiliating for her to be broken up with in a mean way. Since she is willing to forgive you, you can tell her how serious you are about her and it will make her feel very good!

Ido not think that you have blown it yet. According to what you said about dinner,etc. it sounds like everything is all good. If you would like to pursue a relationship with this young lady, I believe you should start it out with a clean slate. I think you should tell her that you want a relationship with her, but you would like to take it slow so you two can really get to know eachother. Honesty is the best policy and she will respect you for your honesty. (i would)also you are not leading her on to think you are ready to go full speed ahead.