"I want to start as friends first"

OceanGirl

I don't think either of us suffers from being too picky. If anything it's the opposite -- over-investing in people who are incompatible or not relationship material themselves.

Yep, you're right about that. That's what I mean by just letting things happen. If you aren't in a current relationship, BIG DEAL. Better to just be out with friends having a good time than trying to force a square peg into a round hole, right? That way you're free when the RIGHT guy comes into your life.

It's not an issue of being picky/not picky. You invest in the wrong people and when it comes to decent people, you look for every reason to blame them for something.

I don't know if it's every reason to blame, but I think it's basically this. Likely, what's happening -- what I think happens when you spend a lot of time with the 'wrong' people -- is that the bad vibes from the wrong people are pushing the decent people away, both by infesting what you think about and infesting your life. That's not to say a bad date will wreck your whole streak, but if you know something ain't working, or won't work, why give it a go?

I also think you have to truly accept being single before dating gets easier. That's been my experience and observation.

• Author

Ugh, I was afraid to revisit this thread.

I just get some sort of weird vibe from this guy. I can't put my finger on it.

So he called me again tonight like he said. We ran out of conversation and it was kind of awkward.

We are meeting tomorrow at 2pm. And he STILL said he will call me again when he wakes up tomorrow. WTF

I feel a bit more comfortable about him re-scheduling as he explained in detail and it sounded legit.

BTW he said that he is actually 6'6" tall :confused::eek:

Not sure how I feel about this :S

• Author

I guess I don't get what's the point of calling some random internet stranger every single day after you only exchanged 2 e-mails.

He doesn't seem completely desperate/bored either. He has 2 jobs and seems to have friends....

I guess I don't get what's the point of calling some random internet stranger every single day after you only exchanged 2 e-mails.

He doesn't seem completely desperate/bored either. He has 2 jobs and seems to have friends....

Maybe part of the way he builds attraction (interest on his side) is through conversation. I know men and women like that. If he's actively looking for a partner, he'd be interested in building his own attraction as well as yours. And probably looking for a similar style.

What is your communication style? I thought I remembered you wanting the guys all over you with texts and chats and calls and such. Has that changed? Or is there some big difference between before and after the first date for you?