You guys have helped me through this much...

Hi Loveshackers, and especially Tony (even if some don't agree with your advice, the considered and experienced input is worth its weight in gold)

I've put up a few posts about my GF's need for independence. I've considered all the advice I've had, and established with her that we would be just friends during this 'trial' period. The problem now is that I have met some really great ladies in the past fortnight, one lives close by where I'm living, another in the US.

How would you treat this situation? My ex-GF still sees us as somewhat together, but things have moved a long way and very quickly since we talked this out.

Thanks in advance from someone who hasn't even caught up with his own life yet...

Your girlfriend asked for independence and she got it. I would certainly encourage you to explore friendships and more with these other ladies you have met. Perhaps one of them may be more suited for you and be a dream come true.

Since you are only friends with your GF during this, what you call, "trail period" I think you should try everything you can.

You are a free man. Do what you like. Enjoy the same independence you gave your girlfriend. Why are you asking us? Be free!!!