Was this really abusive?

cynetric

If your partner used to yelled, pulled his/her own hair, throw things against the wall or on the floor and flipped a dinning chair?

However, it never got to taking it out on them physically.

No I wasn't the abused, scared girl but rather it was really me doing all these things within my 4 year relationship.

It's been a week since he broke it off and I'm trying to win him back. Yes I'm a yeller and at the first sign of frustration will pull my hair but will improve on that. I just want another chance. What can I do? Is there a way to win him back?

I don't want to say that yes, it is abuse, but maybe it is if the person is doing that and their SO is feeling intimidated by it?

We don't need to get technical about what is and what is not labeled as 'abusive' to determine if the behavior is ok or not ok.

The problem here seems to be the inability to maintain control of your actions and over what you say. Everyone gets upset and says or does something that they later regret occassionally, but if these uncontrolled outbursts cross the line by causing damage to property or physically enacted upon someone else as well as if the outbursts occur with any consistentcy- then there is a problem.

Whether or not someone gets physically hurt, when you're having an argument with somebody and they fly off the handle and seem to be out of control, it is frightening.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I am attending anger management therapy class. I used this technique via an advice from my college psychology 101 class --- catharsis.

Now I realized that idiot professor was wrong. But glad I know now that this is not good.:o