Meeting his mother

SnowandStars

Hi everyone!

About 6 months ago I met a guy through a coworker. We hung out once but our schedules became so busy that we lost touch. Recently we reconnected through Facebook and hung out a few times. I was not interested in a serious relationship with this guy and I assumed that he felt the same as we talked about the fact that we were both out there casually dating. We eventually started having casual sex and hanging out whenever we both had free time.

Not too long ago his mother moved back into town. The other day he informed me that his mother would like to meet me and asked if I'd like to have lunch with the both of them as well as see a play (he is really into theater). Now, this is all confusing because no way would I tell my parents about a guy who is just a FWB so I was shocked that she knew about me. I agreed to it but now I am having second thoughts.

The whole concept of this feels awkward. I would feel bad turning down the invitation, but how can I possibly meet a guy's mother when I consider this to be a NSA relationship? It this normal?

He obviously doesn't think the relationship is quite as casual as you do! I think you need to have a chat with him about the status of your relationship...