To wait or not to wait

achillesheel

Okay, try and keep up - it's complicated!

Basically I'm part of a close circle of friends and I have loved one of my friends since forever basically (or since we were in high school - for those without forever watches)

He was always a Casanova and although at times we have been really close, we've never been more than friends... Then he finally kissed me after he returned from a long term business trip (FYI he was completely sober and when I say kiss, I mean a real kiss... I wouldn't fuss over a peck)

There were no declarations of love - but it's a start right? Then we got in an argument one night (when we had both been drinking) - he told me that I was too innocent for him...

On the other hand his best friend and I got really close while he was away. We've both admitted that all we feel is lust, but we do care for each other as friends and we've yet to act on any impure thoughts...

Basically, I'm unsure

Do I enter into a 'friends with benefits' situation with the 'lust guy'?

Perhaps it would rid me of my innocent label!

Would it potentially ruin the possibility of a future with 'love guy' as they are best friends?

Do a wait around for 'love guy' and possibly end up alone as a spinster? (over-reaction, but you get my point)

If anything with 'lust guy' happens would all be forgiven if I blame it on alcohol???

These questions are slightly rhetorical... but I'm really confused on what I actually want... perhaps I better off forgetting them both?