Is it EVER okay to date a friend of your ex?

I dated my ex's friend once when I was a teenager. Admittedly I did it mostly to annoy my ex because he'd dumped me, and also because dating his friend kept me "in" with the same social circle. I don't think my ex was too pleased, though he was polite to me when we were all together. I wouldn't date an ex's friend now I'm a grown-up, it just introduces too much drama and jealousy.

Is it EVER okay to date a friend of your ex?

No.....never.. even if the ex said it was was okay it isn't

Okay.. maybe if your ex was no longer living, had passed away and enough time had passed for everyone to grieve :).. you did ask ever..

I'm trying to figure out the answer to that question as well...all I've been able to come up with so far is that even if the ex is okay with it, it will still be kind of awkward, depending on how close the two of them are.

One scary thought - they could end up comparing notes! Aaaagh! :sick:

• 2 weeks later...

No, I'd avoid it at all costs. Too much hassle. I know that your friend's ex is in the past but I think it be awkward between the three of you if you start dating your friend's ex.

Really depends on your culture. I understand in American culture it's pretty effed up. In mine, however, I know lots of people who do it and it's really seen as 'meh'.

I'm sorry but I'm going to disagree with most everyone here...

First of all, if he or she is an "ex" then they should not have the right to tell you who you can and can't date. My ex wife for instance could date anyone she wanted, it wouldn't bother me one bit, because, we are NOT together. Only consideration I have is my kids.

If you date your ex's friend and they stop being friends, then they weren't that good of friends to begin with!

In my opinion it is okay to date anyone who is single and available. I don't get that, don't date her ex thing at all. Pretty damn stupid if you ask me. If there is attraction between two adults, who cares who their exes were?

In my opinion it is okay to date anyone who is single and available. I don't get that, don't date her ex thing at all. Pretty damn stupid if you ask me. If there is attraction between two adults, who cares who their exes were?

I agree completely.