Ex saw me with new girl

blacksentra

Ok me and my ex "officially" broke up back in August. In October I met a new girl and since then we have been hanging out a lot (when my ex found out about her in november she called her a "downgrade"). The new girl is cool but I haven't progressed into a relationship with her because I still have feelings for my ex.

Well last night, me and the new girl attended a step show at my university. While there I looked to my right and saw my ex standing nearby with a female friend. Me and the new girl got kinda bored and left a little bit early. As we were leaving my ex saw us together and waved at me. I waved back but felt a little awkward. I think it showed because I didnt have much enthusiasm on my face.

Well as me and the new girl were walking back to her dorm, my ex begins texting me. She called me "fake" because I didnt fully acknowledge her while at the program. I told her it was awkward and that i would bet she would act similar if i saw her with another man. To this she responded "I dont have a bf, nor am i worried about anyone." Then after a little back and forth she said it was "sad that I couldn't be single"

Anyone know what to make out of this? I mean i cant lie, it felt awesome for my ex to see me with another woman as it "appears" that I am moving on. But at the same time I still miss her and feel like this who exchange has further diminished her view of me..........my friend said they would have responded much harder to her texts than i did, but i just couldnt will myself to be so harsh

When she called you out as being "fake" it was only to get a response and you took it hook line and sinker... You've now learn't from this. Next time (if there is a next time). DON'T respond. If anything that is the best response you could ever give.

Your ex was just taking a jab at you. Ignore it. But in the meanwhile take things slow as you still have feelings for your ex.

collegeguy_24

Your ex is showing that she is jealous and insecure. If she texts you again and brings it up, simply say this new woman appreciates you, and leave it at that.

Your ex is showing that she is jealous and insecure. If she texts you again and brings it up, simply say this new woman appreciates you, and leave it at that.

Slap in the face! NICE :laugh:

Hey buddy. Similar situation happened to me. Ex broke up with me in early November, went no contact and never heard from her for two months. Saw her at a bar while I was on a date with another nice gal that knows my ex decently well. The ex approached us right away at the bar acting like she was over the moon happy, I was nice but didn't say much and we went our separate ways. I got the same sort of mean text, gave me crap about being able able to make time in my busy work schedule to come to town (4 hour drive) indicating that I wouldn't come enough for her, which isn't true. I never responded.

After seeing you with another girl, she wanted to reach out and grab you, get a rise out of you, and know she still had the upper hand. By you responding, she does.

• Author

"After seeing you with another girl, she wanted to reach out and grab you, get a rise out of you, and know she still had the upper hand. By you responding, she does."

Yea, after some heavy thinking about the encounter, I believe this is ultimately what it was. She wanted to know that I still care, even thought I had someone else. And after I confirmed it she continued on with her life.

The concensous among my friends/family is that I should have at least "acted" what more nonchalant/distant when responding to her or that I should have "tore her a new one".

I know it sounds evil but I wish I could have used that oppoutunity to inflict pain on her and get the upper hand. Its childish I know, but I'm just so tired of playing the "dumped guy". I want my power back.

I hope I get another opportunity like this

The best way to get your power back is by not responding....you'll quickly see new colours from this girl when you don't. And in seeing that, you'll then know you have your power. But most importantly your self respect will be back too.