month break

Well, I wrote a couple of weeks ago. I had been in a 7 month relationship and all of a sudden he wanted to take a break--but not a permanent one - he said finality was hard.

I have not heard from him and I cannot bring myself to call him-I am afraid of a verbal rejection. This is very hard on me. He had said he needed time and he had cold feet. I told him a month, and the month is over. Part of me says it's over but part of me says no. Any insight?

Call and ask!

Well, I wrote a couple of weeks ago. I had been in a 7 month relationship and all of a sudden he wanted to take a break--but not a permanent one - he said finality was hard. I have not heard from him and I cannot bring myself to call him-I am afraid of a verbal rejection. This is very hard on me. He had said he needed time and he had cold feet. I told him a month, and the month is over. Part of me says it's over but part of me says no. Any insight?

I disagree in principal. If the guy hasn't called, unless he is on his death bed or fighting World War III, he would have called if he wanted to. No, having said this...CALL HIM. Right now, the worst thing that can happen is that he will say that he doesn't want to go out, if you call. By not calling, that is the ONLY option that you are leaving yourself. At least you MAY have a chance. Having said all of this, take heed what I have said at the first of this message.

People just don't take "breaks" from people they really love and care about. These need space things are just a cowards way of easing out of a relationship.

I don't know if you posted here before but I always advise people in these situations to move on down the road. You just don't need somebody who has a special need to be away from you.

People are very wrong to put their lives on hold while someone significant to them takes a vacation from them. I think it's insane.

My vote is to write him off. However, there will be lots of others who tell you there's hope, he just needs time, wait around, all that crap. Bull!!!

Hell, no...don't call him ever. Why in heaven's name would you want to give him the pleasure of knowing he had you wrapped around his little finger and you just sat around waiting for his sleezy butt. No self respecting lady is ever going to call a guy to ask if he's ready to have her back in his life. Poop on that!!!

And if he calls you in the months to come, ask to be reminded of exactly who he is...then say you just don't remember anyone by that name and hang up!!!

Tell him you found a wonderful man.Just say to him "A month was a long time to wait,and since you didn't call I found a replacement."

Actually,I'm joking.I read your earlier post too.Did you ever really really consider whether or not you want to be with this guy the rest of your life? Wasn't that what the whole point of the "break"?Did you ever make your decision about how you feel about him during that month? Did you miss him? Could you marry him? Do you love him?

If not,don't be so quick to call him.