Seductive Names of Good Quality and Seldom Use

Hi,

Just wanted to know from you guys and girls:

What are some names of high literary definition that I can call this girl I like in order to send her to the dictionary?

Eg. goddess, but more rarely known complimentary words or praise.

This girl really likes it when I baffle her with words she doesn't understand. It teases the hell outta her.

[i tell her to call me 'Adonis', she does it in front of everyone. She thinks it means I'm a movie buff. it's fantastic.]

I know this is all cheesy, but everytime she returns from the dictionary, she hugs me. It's so damn romantic.

• Author

You're right, moimeme, that site's good.

But what would you like to be called?

Me? I like fancy words well enough, but when it comes to endearments, I like mine simple. I have known people who called their wives or gfs 'love' and referred to them in speaking to others as 'my lady' (not with the nuance of the manor, though, LOL). That would suit me fine. I've been called 'babe' and liked it.

I like "Lover", it's hardly creative or literary, but I get a blissful reaction that far surpasses any joy that would come with looking up the definition of inamorato in a dusty old book.

lol - i don't think she would like to be a called a man, no matter how lovingly.

i think 'dusty old book' would be a great endearment, though.

when you are done with the thesaurus, renny, try bullfinch's mythology for increasingly obscure compliments. i think they even have one online.

But jenny, wouldn't this thread title be great for a book or film? It rings like 'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind' in my sensibilities.

Originally posted by jenny

lol - i don't think she would like to be a called a man, no matter how lovingly.

I was speaking from *my* perspective, he could change the "o" to an "a" and all would be hunky-dory.

Of seldom use, my dad courted my mom with the affectionate "Bitchetto", which he assured her was her name in Italian. She likes it, and she has a nice Tiffany bracelet with "Bitchetto" engraved on it.

Oh, I got a word for you.

pulchritudinous

It's hardly seductive, but it has the seemingly desired effect of both making you look smart and making her look it up. :bunny:

ooo, so you *have* a blissful reaction. :p

ooo, so you *have*...

Yes, that's what I meant. I have it, but I think you could be wrong. Definition 3a of "get" is "to acquire as a result of action or effort", and I acquired the reaction from, hmm, I don't know. My writing was vague, in terms of clarity, but I'm not sure if it was actually improper.

Anyways, is that "ooo" an adverb or an adjective?

lol - ooo is my favourite expletive. it can also be spelled with four o's. or seventeen.

Seventeen?

like ooooooooooooooooo?

Because if you put ooooooooooooooooo into google, it asks:

Did you mean: oooooooooooooooooo ?

Which has eighteen. Are you sure you meant ooooooooooooooooo, instead of oooooooooooooooooo?