How do I tell him I am not interested?

NotReady4Love

NotReady4Love

well, we met this year though our band class. He and I would always stay after school because we were both auditioning for a part in all state. we would chat with our band teacher and have a good time.....as friends. Then Friday after school I was giving a ride to his ex- girlfriend who we both hate. I sent a text to him expressing my discontent.

We started texting just talking about how all state went. Then about 9:00 he started to go all weird on me saying I was perfect in every way. I then said good night to him. The next thing I know he texted...I LOVE YOU! Now I have no idea what to do. I don't like him like that, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. It also makes it weird because I have to see him everyday. How do I let him down gently?

Edited by NotReady4Love
adding a word

sorry this isn't PC.

I might call him a spaz and tell him to stop messing about!

That way - hopefully I deflect some ego bruising by making light of things rather than either ignoring it/him or being overly blunt. Of course if he doesn't take the hint I would get blunt.

If you are not interested then tell him politely as he bear it and understand you.other wise the problems will be create in future for you and he too.so better is tell him now.

You two need to talk, and by talk I mean that thing where you actually see the other person's face and hear their voice. Not the socially retarded form of texting.

You need to tell him exactly what you wrote. You just don't see him like that. No jokes, no deflections, nothing except the TRUTH. If you deflect, joke, make light, duck the real issues, then you clearly don't care about his feelings. All you are doing at that point is worried about your own feelings and not hurting yourself.

Yes, the truth will hurt. But it's the truth. If you really care about him, you will be brutally honest. There is nothing you can do to prevent it from not being weird. It just is what it is at this point.