Why!?

WildWildWest

I have been seeing a guy for bout a year... we both decided in the begining that we didnt want anything serious for our own reasons... we labeled it as "friends" I guess u can say friends with benefits... things were going good and feelings got involved on both sides... But he still hasnt said he wants a relationship... well a few months ago i went out with some guys from work, one of them being one who has liked me for some time... nothing major happened between us... just kissing... well i assumed word got out and he heard something bout it cuz we stopped talkin for months... we just recently started talkin again and he comes at me today with her heard alot of stuff bout me... which im sure most of it isnt even true.. so when i asked what it was he wouldnt tell me.. he said he would call me to discuss it.. so my question is.. even tho im sure most of what he heard isnt true WHY did he get so mad that he didnt talk me to me and why is he bringing it up for discussion if we are JUST FRIENDS? when u just friends doesnt that mean u can see whoever u want? I am really confused...