Why, girls, why?

Hello! Plowing straight to the point. I'm not conceded, but extremely self-aware. I'm a tall, very good looking guy, in my twenties, may be even too good looking for my own good. I'm not advertising myself nor am I gasconading in any shape, way or form. You see, anywhere I go, whether it's work, school, hanging out, etc., I constantly see and feel that girls are so intimidated by me, they simply shut down. If I walk by a girl or stand in line at a store, school, etc, they will get shy, start blushing and look down or away. Keep in mind, all of the afore mentioned happens before we, or should I say, I, even engage in a conversation. Once a conversation ensues, a girl gets very flustered, starts blushing, says weird things, may be drops something, haha, but is undeniably nervous as if at a job interview. Yet, the next day, I may see the same girl talking to an unattractive, overweight guy with absolute confidence. Rarely, have I met a truly confident female that is totally comfortable with herself and me in terms of just conversing and/or getting to know each other. Why such issues with confidence and self-esteem? Does your confidence only come out when you know you're out of the guy's league? Are you afraid of rejection because I'm not some average Joe? Anyway, my goal is to make females realize that I'm just a regular guy by whom they need not to be intimidated because once we get to know each other, they always realize it and reflect upon their early behavior, thoughts, actions and reactions and come to a conclusion that all they had to do is just be themselves. I mean, I'm just a human being, why can't I be talked to like an average Joe? I'm the coolest, most laid-back cat you'll ever meet.:cool: So, why do you always have to think of all the right things to say as not to come off weird simply to impress me? Why not be yourself?! "OMG, if I say or do this, he won't like me and will think I'm weird". A lot of you girls do this, just to impress a guy, you know that! Guys do this, too. All you have to do is just be yourself, don't let the intimidation or your insecurities cloud the real person that you are, because once you put on that facade for the guy you actually like, the chances are that you will lose him. I love all women, I treat them with the utmost respect and getting into their pants is, by far, the least of my priorities, but the most important thing is that I let them be themselves and accept them for who they are. Thank you all for reading this! Love, peace and good luck! ;)

Edited by RogueXJ8

Maybe you are just coming across most women that maybe get a little self conscious when they recognize what makes you aesthetically pleasant to look at. All I can do is tell from my own perspective, as what I believe to be, an average-in-appearance woman.

Really the only times I have ever had to its been at work, and course men probably don't go to a car parts store to find a woman:lmao: However when I speak to a guy in which I recognize why he is "handsome", subconsciously maybe I am thinking he is quietly judging me. Even though I am not "interested" in him. Thats involuntary, I can't help that. (And maybe some of these women you approach can't help it either.)

Of course the rational part of my mind knows thats probably not happening. At that point it goes without bothering to think it, that the guy probably does not care one way or another how I look. :) Its maybe normal for them to be a little shy or intimidated at first but when you meet one that you are really interested in, and if she is also, she'll loosen up after a while if you give it time.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Like men get intimidated by good looking women, women get intimidated by good looking men. The difference is that it falls on the "man" to ask her out, so if he feels bad vibes from her (mostly out of being uncomfortable), he won't ask her out, so nothing ever happens.

Why don't you just ask them out, even if they look shy? It's worth a shot. At least you'll know. :)

Leeway Harris

Have you tested this theory about why women seem uncomfortable around you? You could do this by approaching in a similar way a healthy sample of women who are strikingly good-looking themselves.