Flirtatious Small Talk?

thepopcornkernel

thepopcornkernel

You might remember me from the never had a gf, losing all hope thread. I would like to thank everyone for their help as it has helped me in one way or another. I've gone about my own business, enjoying my own life, not needing someone else in it.

Now, here is a new problem. In one of my classes a girl has started sitting next to me. She talks to me about verious things. At first I was freaked as I rarely talk to people and they rarely talk to me. But I think I've settled down and can talk to her without growing pale. The topics range from the stupidity of the professor to our hopes for the winner of "American Idol."

She asked me my year in college (sophomore) and she said she is a senior. She referenced back to things I'd said and worn at the beginning of the semester (but that means nothing as I say some lame things and wear some weird clothes).

Is there any chance that for the first time in my life a girl is interested in me? I don't even want to start thinking about how I am going to mess it up until it really is true. If she is the one that approached me, what do I do? I want to be her friend before anything else. Should I ask her for her e-mail address? Is that too forward? Ideas please...

If the answer is know for any of these steps then wait awhile and try again:

1. If she talks to you for a week

2. Ask her her SN

3. Talk to her online and in class for 2 weeks

4. Ask for the number

5. Invite her to come with a group of people to see a movie.

6. If she pays a lot of attention to u during that time

7. Ask her out!

Oy vey. Big note, TALK to her. Which you've been doing, keep doing it. She would seem to have a genuine interest in you, but get to know her a bit more. I'm in agreement with Jasons list, although how often do you have class with you, how many days a week? She in any of your other classes, do you see her on campus ever?

• Author
thepopcornkernel

We have class twice a week and no I do not see her anywhere else. I am a journalism major and she is a psych major. No similar classes.

I'm with Nim and Jason. Take it slow and get to know her so you can keep feeling comfortable and get used to to the whole idea. She may just want to be friends with you.....but it's a great place to start. It will give you a chance to hone in on a few skills and build your confidence.