ATTN: CLP

Rockygirl

Hi,

Pretty new to the board but I just read your posts and totally understand. My bf just did the same thing around the same time--only he asked to move in with me, would get another roommate at his home (making 4), live here with me a year until my roommates leaves, move into his house, fix it up and get a place together instead of both owning our own homes. Sounded great as we'd been talking about it awhile, planning places for our wedding/reception, etc. HOWEVER, within 1-2 days, he avoids me like the plague...no calls, no return calls, no visits, etc. I offer to step away, take a break, break-up of which he will have none of it. So, okay....then, he continues to stand me up, not call, avoid me, etc. So, I broke it off with him over his voicemail!!! Hey, he wouldn't talk to me. He calls with a no, he doesn't want that, then back to avoidance of me, tells me he wants space, by telling him what time I was going to a party I was "hounding" him and not giving him space.

So, like you....he can have all the space he wants....float out into it forever and ever. I'm done with it like you. I agree, you don't risk losing a good thing by taking a "break"...who would want to chance it? You will do well to move on as well. I know it's hard. Just wanted to share that you're not alone. Geeze, I've had guys say they'll call and then avoid me, but never make plans for the future, share these plans with friends/family and avoid me after that....hmpf..what kind of sicko wants to live together (his 100% total idea) and then needs a break?

RG

You don't need to take any of this crap and I'm so very proud that you took it upon yourself to handle it in the strongest and most appropriate way.

You have no idea how many people post here with your situation and ask how long they should wait around or what they should do. You did what you had to and you deserve a great deal of credit. Handle your entire life this way and you will go far. If you don't, you'll get stomped on and smashed into the dirt like so many others who are wimps.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!