How would you respond?

reasontosigh

Actually, I found him 24 years ago.

Either I'm more patient than I could have possibly imagined, or that's what's using up my Patience Quotient so I really have none left for anything else! :o

reasontosigh
Originally posted by moimeme

Some people are worth the wait.

Exactly! :love:

Arabess - I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. Maybe you just need some type of closure to allow you to move on. But a love like that will take time to heal. Don't let this turn you off to love. It can and will happen again in the future. Just do a background check next time to make sure the dude's not married. It's a shame women have to go through such nonsense.

>>>For me to love again would make as much sense as eating ice cream on a diet. I would consider it self destructive....a slow suicide. Love is a young woman's game....... <<<

I think love changes as we get older. When we're young, we're so full of vigor and hormones that we can't see straight. It changes as we mature because we go through different stages in our lives. I think you can love someone again Arabess, but it won't be the same as it was when you were 21 and in that hot, steamy state we all get into. Not that you don't have sexual energy, but it's probably not quite as intense you're a more complex creature at this point in your life. You need someone who's going to suit your needs.

Wolvesbaned

Arabess,

I'm sorry to hear you're hurting right now. All I can say is do what you can to make yourself feel better about the situation --whatever that is. Think long-term healing, whether its meeting him in person for one last time to tell him off or let him know the hell he's put you through or just not contacting him ever again --- do whatever it takes to help you get over what he's done. Screw his feelings, do it for yourself.

There must be a way to find closure without sacrificing more of you. If pride's in the way, weight it out with what you'd accomplish to find closure.