Friends to FWB to Nothing. How can I let go?

tryingtoletgo

We were friends in high school and became FWB thru college. My feelings developed into more though i never told him because I think guys tend to be pretty good at keeping emotions out of things, so I didn't want to make a fool of myself. I care about the guy but it's clear to me that neither of us were going to say anything if there is something there. So I told him that I wished to end contact with him four mts ago, and he has respected my wishes and hasn't tried contacting me since. And when we did hook up, he would be nervous to the point that he'd be shaking when we'd first see each other. I couldn't understand why he was so nervous, but my heart was racing as well. Aside from anything physical between us, we had just about everything in common. I think about him all the time but don't want to. How can I move on???

Edited by tryingtoletgo
  • 1 month later...
Itscomplicated27

Hi,

Im new on here, so please bear with me :)

Like you I have been in a very complicated fwb relationship for the past 5 months, the reason it's complicated is because his my ex's friend.

I like you have tried to end things numerous times with my fwb but cannot seem to let him go from my heart and mind, the last time being yes'day I sent a very polite text saying its not right blah, blah, then get a text "I WANT you"

I know I have to let him go, but when i see him I just can't help myself, he really does something to me. Sorry for my rambling just wanted to let you know that your not the only one going through all these messed up/hard feelings :) If you ever just want to chat, let off steam, have a rant!!! LOL

I'm here to listen x