does my best friend like me?

I have a best guy friend. We've been friends for maybe abt a year, bests for about half a year. Recently he's been doing things that make me wonder if maybe he is harboring feelings for me.

He calls, texts, or gchats me everyday, sometimes multiple times within the same day (once in the morning, several times at night... throughout the day, etc). I didn't see him for one weekend and he told me "it's been three days but I miss you already." Sometimes he'll contact me first thing in the morning when he wakes up, and it's just weird, because he must be thinking of me everytime he contacts me.

Once, we went to get dinner togo. I started telling him about this guy I might be interested in, and suddenly he looked really depressed and told me he wasn't hungry anymore. He just left his food sitting there, cold. Whenever I ask him for advice about this guy, he starts teasing, but to an extreme which sometimes feels bitter or sarcastic. Yesterday he started joking that we're like husband and wife since we always dine-in together and study and do mundane things like that together. He's been jokingly calling me "wifey" - and that totally weirded me out. Also, he started complimenting me about my facebook profile photo, and then complained to me online that I didn't have more photos up (my photos are private) - "what if a certain someone wants to stalk you?" he said.

All these things alone wouldn't bother me much. It's the frequency of his calls and visits and other things put together that are getting to me. What do you think? Am I valid in my assumption that he might have feelings?

I really don't want to face the facts that he might like me, and I don't want to hurt him.

Edited by soapopera

Agreed with above poster. Obvious that he likes you.

By sounds of it, you don't like him the same way. Perhaps time to chat to him about it? Maybe subtly by saying to him you feel uncomfortable with him calling you 'wifey' and perhaps not replying to his messages?