how do i ask this girl out?

so i met this girl when i was getting ice cream toward the end of last summer. She was the one that waited on me. I talked to her just long enough to get her number. I never texted her until about a month ago. I don't know why i waited so long but i did. We have been talking quite a bit lately via text messages. I haven't really hung out with her or anything like that, other than the 5 minutes that i actually talked to her face to face when i got her number. That being said, even though i don't really know her, there's just something about her that i like and i want to ask her out to the movies or something. Since we don't really know each other, how do i ask her out without sounding like a creep?

Aw that's cute :) Well, people are different, so an invitation that I'd like, could easily sound like the worst possible pick-up line for someone else. Which type does she seem like? A bit on the shy side, or perhaps on the more wild one?

In my opinion at least, going straight at something is bad. That may be bad experience, but being casual is usually the best route to take. Try getting into talk about movies. Figure out what's currently being shown, and if she shows interest in one of them, ask if she wants to go see it with you, perhaps? It's especially a good idea to take that route, as it is more of a friendly invitation, rather than a date, so the risk of getting rejected before you get to know each other, is lower. It allows you to show who you are, instead of coming off as a "creep" ;)