I'm in love with my guy friend

I have this friend who's a guy. We were friends at sometime when we were in first grade and we were really friendly with each other. But for some reason, we stopped talking once we entered second grade. Then, we got back together as friends a couple of months after we entered fifth grade.

Then we went to 6th grade and he always kicked my whenever I put down my backpack on the ground. I usually slapped him on the back or the back of his head. But we were always playing with each other even if we went hard. My other friend who is a female thought we were perfect for each other and I denied.

Then one day, she says he said he liked me. So I began to fall for him. I told her I might like him.

But now, he has a girlfriend and we're still friends and all, but sometimes, I wish he knew how I really felt right now. My friend who is a girl said that if they break up, she's gonna try to get us together. But I don't think I should go with that 'cause her plans can cause rumors and embarassment.

Does anyone have any advice or anything? Please don't be too harsh, I'm fragile.

DreamerGirl27

Aww...I'm in love with my guy friend, too. I'm 26 and it doesn't get any better or easier the older you get!! I hope things work out for you and your guy friend!!

• Author
Aww...I'm in love with my guy friend, too. I'm 26 and it doesn't get any better or easier the older you get!! I hope things work out for you and your guy friend!!

Thank you very much for replying!:D

Cracker Jack

Wow. I remember dealing with this when I was younger.

It's understandable if you don't want to say anything right now. However, if he does end up single, then you shouldn't hesitate to tell him. I regret the amount of times I've held back my true feelings for someone--especially when I was in HS.

But, you're young. Like, really young:p so you'll be fine either way.

zebracolors

please take my post as suggestion only. Its really all up to you the OP.

I really recommended that you not tell him how you're feeling, if he does not already know. That could complicate things and change how he acts around you because he might not want to hurt you but would not want to feel obligated to break up with his current GF. Of course I am sure you would never ask him to do that and he would know that as well. But it might put him in a bind emotionally.

Just keep being a great friend to him. Also if down the road they do split, in that hypothetical scenario, don't try to change his feelings for you so fast. Give him time to get over the break. And remind your female friend of that fact as well. You obviously care very much for this guy, and if I were in this situation, I would only want him to be happy in life even if its with another woman.

• Author
Wow. I remember dealing with this when I was younger.

It's understandable if you don't want to say anything right now. However, if he does end up single, then you shouldn't hesitate to tell him. I regret the amount of times I've held back my true feelings for someone--especially when I was in HS.

But, you're young. Like, really young:p so you'll be fine either way.

Thanks for the advice! And i may be really young but I usually act younger! :p

• Author
please take my post as suggestion only. Its really all up to you the OP.

I really recommended that you not tell him how you're feeling, if he does not already know. That could complicate things and change how he acts around you because he might not want to hurt you but would not want to feel obligated to break up with his current GF. Of course I am sure you would never ask him to do that and he would know that as well. But it might put him in a bind emotionally.

Just keep being a great friend to him. Also if down the road they do split, in that hypothetical scenario, don't try to change his feelings for you so fast. Give him time to get over the break. And remind your female friend of that fact as well. You obviously care very much for this guy, and if I were in this situation, I would only want him to be happy in life even if its with another woman.

you're right. I don't want to tell him how I feel, but I've been tempted to tell him. I actually have a love letter to him, but it's only for decoration, not for ANYONE to see. I really doubt that they'll break up because they make a great match and I am really happy for them. My classes end in about two months and I'm sure that by that time, I should be over him. Thanks for that!