Define my situation: casual dating or fwb?

eastcoastgirl02

eastcoastgirl02

I started dating this guy during the summer. I went off to school in another state, however, when I came back home (twice a month) I would see him. We never officially defined what we were in the summer, and nothing was said about how things would be when I left. We just left things as is I suppose. Well due to some circumstances I hadn’t seen him in a few months. We would text with each other a few times a week, sometimes more and would talk on the phone about every week to 2 weeks.

Now I saw him last Wed for the first time in those few months. There things that are different than they were with the summer- like he won’t kiss me when I leave anymore (he did that every time until now), when we are on the couch watching tv, we never really cuddled, where in the summer /fall he would pull me into his arms after a bit. This past time we were laying on opposite sides of the couch and after awhile we did have our legs sort of intermingled or laying where he would run his hands up and down my legs.

At one point, I sort of changed my position and I was laying on top of him, but that lasted only about 5 min and he basically jumped up. I don’t know if that was too much now for him or what. But afterwards he mentioned that it was bedtime and asked if I was tired. Also, at another time he also leaned down and gave me a small kiss.

I did end up staying (in the summer he always requested me to stay with him, this fall he would ask me if I was going to stay or go home, and this past time he just assumed I was staying). In bed we ended up talking for a bit and then fooling around-however no actual intercourse. Something else strange happened with that with him but that might be a TMI thing :). After fooling around we ended up falling asleep. During the middle of the night, we both ended up waking up and that eventually led to sex. In the morning, I stayed for about an hour or so before I had to leave. He did give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek but not kiss on the lips like he used to.

Does this sound like a friends with benefit thing or more casual dating? We did talk a few months ago and he was pretty adamant at that time that he did not want a long distance relationship and that if I am ever uncomfortable with our situation we can stop and just be friends. He will give me kisses on my forehead while were just laying in bed together, and since we didn’t have sex (no O was achieved either) when we first got in bed and going to sleep that to me seems like it isn’t just a FWB but I am really unsure. If he is into me, I do want to eventually bring up more serious dating instead of just casual but again due to circumstances this isn’t the right time. But if you guys are thinking this is more of a FWB situation I want to prepare myself incase of disappointment.

Sorry for this getting to be so long! Thanks in advance!