scared but excited

mr_moose

To anyone who replies,

When I was younger I fancied a few girls, but the experience was always brutal and heart shredding, because of course they did not reciprocate my feelings.

Now that I 'm older (early 20's)and more travelled, and also after reading some of the advice forums on the internet, I realised my biggest mistake was being too pushy and taking things too seriously.

I have recently become interested in approaching a girl who's 3 years younger than me, and of course my intentions are not totally platonic, but I would be satisfied to be friends with her for now and see how we click.

I'm scared that I might make the same mistakes. Are they any danger signals here I should look out for that might make me look too pushy or too serious? What should I say or talk about during the first few moments when we meet for the first time?

ALso, is it a good idea to play sports as a first date activity?

Basically, dude, be confident. Not feigning confidence, just relax, and talk to her. Joke around. If you too hit it off after talking for a while, ask her to do something. Yeah, sports can be a wonderful first date. I, however, prefer a real, wine-em and dine-em date. That way, you show that you are truly interested, and you show her the respect that she deserves. You'll get a feel on it. Just go for it, and have a good time. Go with your vibes.

billy the kid

moose, sports are fine just don't try to win... second see if you can keep your mouth shut and listen... to every thing. "be her friend"..and when i said don't try to win, you are doing this for fun, right? good luck, and believe me women make the best friends.

To anyone who replies, When I was younger I fancied a few girls, but the experience was always brutal and heart shredding, because of course they did not reciprocate my feelings. Now that I 'm older (early 20's)and more travelled, and also after reading some of the advice forums on the internet, I realised my biggest mistake was being too pushy and taking things too seriously. I have recently become interested in approaching a girl who's 3 years younger than me, and of course my intentions are not totally platonic, but I would be satisfied to be friends with her for now and see how we click. I'm scared that I might make the same mistakes. Are they any danger signals here I should look out for that might make me look too pushy or too serious? What should I say or talk about during the first few moments when we meet for the first time? ALso, is it a good idea to play sports as a first date activity?

I say relax and have fun. The same goes for relationships as friendships. It's just two people enjoying each others company. If there is chemistry, it turns to a relationship and if not, you always have another good friend. I think that anything the two of you have in common would be a good first date. If she enjoys sports that would be great. I personally don't so that wouldn't be a good date for me but my point is, relax, and let things just fall into place.

To anyone who replies, When I was younger I fancied a few girls, but the experience was always brutal and heart shredding, because of course they did not reciprocate my feelings. Now that I 'm older (early 20's)and more travelled, and also after reading some of the advice forums on the internet, I realised my biggest mistake was being too pushy and taking things too seriously. I have recently become interested in approaching a girl who's 3 years younger than me, and of course my intentions are not totally platonic, but I would be satisfied to be friends with her for now and see how we click. I'm scared that I might make the same mistakes. Are they any danger signals here I should look out for that might make me look too pushy or too serious? What should I say or talk about during the first few moments when we meet for the first time? ALso, is it a good idea to play sports as a first date activity?