he won't add me as friend on FB, why???

farmville1980

Hi everyone, to make a long story short, there's this guy, we've known each other over 10 years as friends and co-workers. He went through a nasty divorce and the ex was extremely suspicious of any woman who spent time with him... secretaries, etc., even me, though nothing physical ever came close to happening.

They divorced about 1 year ago in intense drama and allegations of cheating, drugs etc etc :(. Since then he and I have seen each other casually in and out of work. His 7 year old son is a big farmville fan and they play it together on his account which is cute. As it happens me and friends of mine also play Farmville, so I sent him an invite. However its been weeks he has not accepted me as a friend. I am so hurt, I almost sent him a text accusing him of being an ******* but thought it would seem like overreacting... this November was his birthday/10 year job anniversary party and we all bought him presents and he especially seemed to like mine, went on and on how special it was and what a special friend I am. what does that mean when a guy you have known over 10 years won't even add you as a FB friend to play farmviille with his son? It's such a small thing but his non acceptance has hurt my feelings deeply. Am so sad /confused right now.

• Author
farmville1980

Also, we will be seeing each other at several outside events this week. Should I bring it up or what would YOU say?? please help

Some people are quite strict about who they connect to with Facebook. For instance, he might prefer to only connect to close family, or prefer to not connect to work colleagues. It's only a web site.

Maybe he just doesn't see FB as an important part of his life, he may have 10+ friend requests and never looks at them because he's only on there to play Farmville with his son and nothing more. I agree with betterdeal, it's only a website, it doesn't mean a rejection of your friendship just because he didn't friend you. Base your chances on your interactions together instead.