don't know what he wants

I have been seeing this guy for about a month. He is 36 and I am 25. We met through mutual friends and seemed to have really good chemisty. The first night we met we ended up kissing, but thought it would turn out to be just a fun thing because my friend had made him sound like a man whore. The next day he called and we set up a date and have been seeing each other once or twice a week for a month.

This probably doesn't make me sound great, but after our 3rd date I went back to his place and we ended up fooling around. When I would try to touch him he would back away and be like don't worry about me its all about you. After hours he finally decided he wanted a hand job which lasted for like 30 seconds so I figured he may have have a premature ejaculation problem.

Since then we have gone out a few more times. Except now he isn't very affectionate. I have slept over at his house twice since and he only wants to cuddle. Sometimes we won't even kiss. I like him a lot, but feel awkward because I don't know why he won't touch me.

In public he will tell me I am hott, joke about sex, and be flirty, but for the most part he seems uncomfortable. He has also asked me if I have slept with or am still seeing other guys.

Anyways I can't figure out if he is just not into me, if he is weirded out after the sex thing, or just likes being seen with a 25 year old on his arm. I don't need to have sex with him, but need to know how he feels so things aren't so awkward and I am not constantly trying to figure out whether he likes me or not. I thought about asking my mutual friend to ask about it, but he knows we are close and only gives short answers whenever he is asked about it. We don't talk on the phone or text everyday. Sometimes we go days without talking to each other which doesn't bother me, but I don't feel comfortable calling him to talk about it.

I guess the bottom line is I want to know where this is going. Does he like me or not? I want to just come out and ask, but don't want to scare him away or pressure him. I also don't think either of us is ready for a realtionship, but I want to feel comfortable around him again so it can one day maybe turn into something.

My question is should I talk to him or not. I don't know if it is too soon, but I am tired of racking my brain everyday trying to sort through the different signals he sends.