kiss

Teddygal

Just wondering if it's possible to kiss for hours or does that sound absurb?

How long does a kiss usually last and how would we know when to stop? What shd one do after a kiss? I mean hug or think of things to say etc?

There have been marathon kissing contests where kisses have lasted 24 hours or more (with bathroom and food breaks). Consult the Guiness World Book of Records for actual times. In normal social settings, kisses can vary from five seconds to a minute or more. An actual kissing session can vary from a minute or two to 15 minutes or even more, depending on the couple's mood. Although very possible, it is not normal for couples to kiss for hours.

There are many couples who don't kiss at all after being together 15 or 20 years. Or the men are required to kiss a different part of the anatomy to remain out of the doghouse.

Kissing is like dancing. One takes the lead and the other follows. You just have to be very sensitive to the other person and their desires. A lot of people have sex after long sessions of kissing, some people talk, some people cuddle, some people hug, some people touch each other, some go back to kissing after doing some of that, some people watch TV, some people fill out their income tax return, some mow the grass, some go for ice cream, some read the classified section of the newspaper, some people make telephone calls....it's really an individual thing.

Hopefully, you would continue on more romantic pursuits than most of the above.

It's certainly a bit unusual for a kiss to last hours. Usually, if there's enough passion there, things move on to other things. However, this is by no means to say that this is a problem. Every relationship is unique, and as long as the two of you are happy, that's all that matters. I've certainly done things that most people might consider unconventional, and I think most people have as well.