HELP! In need of advice...how to aproach a girl.

Hi everyone, I'm a 19 year old college student and I'm in need of some advice.

I'm attracted to a girl in one of my classes but we have never talked before so I don't even know her name. I would like to talk to her and get to know her but the question is how should I go up to her and start a conversation with her? I don't want to scare her off you know. The problem is the semester started in January and is ending at the end of this month (April), so I'm running out of time and I've waited this long. I've had many chances but I never took advantage of it. So if I talk to her now would it make me look bad since I've waited so long and I had many other opportunities? Also, how should I end our first conversation? I don't want to ask her out for a date right away...I just want to get to know her. But I would like to ask for her phone number...should I ask this for our first conversation? Or should I wait for like a second or third conversation? Since the semester ends in April, I don't want to fall short and have the semester end w/o me getting her number.

So PLEASE help!

voice from heaven

Just be yourself... approach her and then be your self... make her feel comfortable first before anything else