What does "missing" someone really mean...

My senior year of high school I met this girl (Jessica) who later became one of my best friends throughout high school. We both spent a lot of time together both during class and projects. She even invited me to her house to a family get together so that I could meet her family. Then came summer and she kind of blew me off when I asked to hang out and we didn't talk much over summer. We both were pretty tied up with our busy work schedules and could never plan anything. A few instances over summer we had a few conversations that lasted an hour long at 2 or 3am in the morning. I started to really develop feelings for her and liked her a lot. Becuase I felt that I was in that ever-so-famous "friend zone" I decided that it wasn't worth to tell her anything or make a move on her.

Over summer vacation I went on a cruise and after having a few drinks I went on Facbook and decided to start talking to her and ended up telling her that I had liked her "more than a friend" during high school. The things that alcohol makes you do! We ended this conversation after 5 minutes and that was it...and I don't even remember anything at all other than her saying "Really?? I never knew that wow".

I sit here stumped because after 8 months she sent me an email saying this: "Jake! It's been such a long time and I miss you a lot!! I hope that we can maybe see each other sometime soon??".

I replied back to her saying that I'd like to catch up and maybe in 2 weeks we can get together (my busy schedule -- we both own our own businesses and no college). She replied back to me with this "That would be great! I really really miss you a lot...you don't even know how much!! :)"

I'm very confused. Would a girl tell you she "misses" you while she knows that you like her; would she send these kinds of messages in a friendly matter? (Its also been about 8 months) Or is she trying to imply something? I'd like to hear some comments from females on what they think about this situation. I'm very interested to know how the word "miss" gets used around and if that is one type of a sign. I happen to receive a phone call today from a long distance female friend who went on with the "I miss you" speech so is really making me very curious. Advice? Thanks in advance!

Edited by jake22
hoping2heal
My senior year of high school I met this girl (Jessica) who later became one of my best friends throughout high school. We both spent a lot of time together both during class and projects. She even invited me to her house to a family get together so that I could meet her family. Then came summer and she kind of blew me off when I asked to hang out and we didn't talk much over summer. We both were pretty tied up with our busy work schedules and could never plan anything. A few instances over summer we had a few conversations that lasted an hour long at 2 or 3am in the morning. I started to really develop feelings for her and liked her a lot. Becuase I felt that I was in that ever-so-famous "friend zone" I decided that it wasn't worth to tell her anything or make a move on her.

Over summer vacation I went on a cruise and after having a few drinks I went on Facbook and decided to start talking to her and ended up telling her that I had liked her "more than a friend" during high school. The things that alcohol makes you do! We ended this conversation after 5 minutes and that was it...and I don't even remember anything at all other than her saying "Really?? I never knew that wow".

I sit here stumped because after 8 months she sent me an email saying this: "Jake! It's been such a long time and I miss you a lot!! I hope that we can maybe see each other sometime soon??".

I replied back to her saying that I'd like to catch up and maybe in 2 weeks we can get together (my busy schedule -- we both own our own businesses and no college). She replied back to me with this "That would be great! I really really miss you a lot...you don't even know how much!! :)"

I'm very confused. Would a girl tell you she "misses" you while she knows that you like her; would she send these kinds of messages in a friendly matter? (Its also been about 8 months) Or is she trying to imply something? I'd like to hear some comments from females on what they think about this situation. I'm very interested to know how the word "miss" gets used around and if that is one type of a sign. I happen to receive a phone call today from a long distance female friend who went on with the "I miss you" speech so is really making me very curious. Advice? Thanks in advance!

It sounds to me like whatever she was hoping would pan out, with whomever back when you told her has not and now she is looking to get some attention from you. She may want to see if she likes you, or maybe she just has had some time to grow up and realizes she does legitimately like you. I mean, it could be ten million things. Just make sure she does not start hot and cold on you, otherwise she is just using you for an ego kick.

DreamerGirl27

girls are ridiculous. I never tell any guy I miss him or anything like that unless I like him. But girls do this. I just don't.

Nope. I just told one of my best friend guys that I miss him yesterday, doesnt mean I want him..Just miss the times we spent together, we have a really good time together.