Old Flame

I have been divorced for 7 years. About one year after my divorce I got in a relationship. It lasted about 3 years and it was the timing that was bad. I hadn't let myself heal and go through the grieving stages of my divorce so I really didn't treat this man as well as I should. My problem is that we have remained friends and I am so in love with him that I can't stand it. It's like he is my soul mate. We have been broken up for about 2 years and I talked to him a while back about taking it real slow and getting back together. I know he wants to he is just so afraid of getting hurt (which I don't blame him). His response was "there is no way I will have a relationship with you again", with a very hurt look on his face. My question is do you think there is any chance for love to happen again or do you think I just need to get on with my life without him. Any advice?

More often that not, it is people's experiences that things don't work out the second time. That may be his. People really don't want to go through a painful experience the second time.

There are chances here. You need to just come clean with your feelings, let him know exactly why you broke things off the first time and assure him it was your stuff and had nothing to do with him. Make the details very clear. Then make a compelling case for why the time is right now and why the two of you are right for each other.

I think the worst thing that could happen is you could be great friends...and the best, the two of you could be married next year.

Give it a try!!! If he still says no go, move on with your life, don't look back and consider it was never meant to be.