Do I still like him?

If you ever read my first thread ," Im in love with my guy friend," then you probably know that I fell in love with a ... guy friend I have. I'm still in love with him and all, but I think he'll never break up with his current girlfriend.

Actually, I can't blame him for liking her. The two make a great match. I feel really happy for this guy, but I just can't stop liking him. I actually poured my feelings on this love letter I made a couple of weeks of ago. But don't think I'll ever send it. Cause If I did, it'd cause a lot of embarassment. And it might pressure him, will it not?

I'm actually thinking of stopping liking him and give up all hope on my love life. Forever. But that might be a VERY bad idea. It kinda makes me sound emo or something. Right?

But, really, I do feel like I should give up on him even though I like him(possibly love).

My friend said that he asked her to tell him everything I say to her. I'm flattered and all, 'cause she said he still likes me a bit. But it's obvious he loves his girlfriend. I mean, what kid of boyfriend would he be if he didn't love his girlfriend?

Any thoughts? Please go easy on commentary and advice, i'm kinda fragile...

Edited by Niyog
Spelling mistake.

Not sure if it is so easy as just flipping a switch and "not like" someone. If you have feelings they are not going to go away over night. However, if you try to distance yourself a bit and try and meet new/other people who you also might like, it will get easier with time. After a while, you might find someone who suits you more than you'd ever realize and you'll be glad things worked out like they did. Or maybe things are meant to be with this guy and seeing you with someone else could make him have a change or heart?

In any event, the worst thing you can do is give up on love altogether.