Why would a man be "leery" of a woman who pursued them?

DreamerGirl27

that's retarded...it shows that men still don't hold women as equals. If women were truly equals, it would not turn a man off to be asked out by her.

It has nothing to do with seeing women as equal..

The nature of attraction between human beings was set thousands of years ago.

It's got nothing to do with what men "choose".

People don't choose who they're attracted to. Their biology does.

Besides, it's not a huge deal. If the guy likes you enough, he'll chase. If he doesn't chase you, he doesn't like you enough.

It's not complicated :)

It gets complicated when people insist there *must* be something more to it..

dreamingoftigers

If men and women dating were "Equals" given the hunter-game analogy then couples would either run towards each other and crash into one another of they would stand at opposite ends of the meadow dumbly looking at one another.

I have seen both happen. Better to have one hunter and one "prey" to start things off.

For me, the best relationships worked for me are ones where BOTH me and the guy chased each other if you know what I mean. It doesn't work if one side of the party does the chasing alone, man or woman.

The real conundrum is would you be attracted to and pursue a man who was open to being approached/pursued/asked out....?

It's a bit more difficult to resolve than it appears. There are certain characteristics of a man who inspires pursuit, some the result of genetics and some of nurture. Aspects of his aura which inspire your loins can also preclude him from being inspired by your inspiration. Think about that type of man and what about him makes him who he is in life and society; what makes him a 'winner' in your eyes. It's the same with 'winning' in relationships/mating. Those drives and characteristics are what your loins responds to.

galbanumrteessisr
threebyfate
The real conundrum is would you be attracted to and pursue a man who was open to being approached/pursued/asked out....?

It's a bit more difficult to resolve than it appears. There are certain characteristics of a man who inspires pursuit, some the result of genetics and some of nurture. Aspects of his aura which inspire your loins can also preclude him from being inspired by your inspiration. Think about that type of man and what about him makes him who he is in life and society; what makes him a 'winner' in your eyes. It's the same with 'winning' in relationships/mating. Those drives and characteristics are what your loins responds to.

This is a good way to figure out if there's a disconnect. Analyzing internally and externally, then seeing if the two mesh. Where there's fallout, how can you manage this?
Velociraptor
Men are hunters, they are much mire comfortable chasing down the cute little deer then having the rabid, possibly testicle-eating deer come running at them from out of the woods.

You have to be careful when dealing with rabid-looking deer.

Traditionally yes. But traditionally women were also housewifes without careers.

Women only want whats traditional when it's in their favor... apparantley.

Men should do the chasing because thats what we "want"(:rolleyes:) but tell a woman she should stay at home and all hell brakes loose.

• Author
DreamerGirl27
Traditionally yes. But traditionally women were also housewifes without careers.

Women only want whats traditional when it's in their favor... apparantley.

Men should do the chasing because thats what we "want"(:rolleyes:) but tell a woman she should stay at home and all hell brakes loose.

I wouldn't mind. I want to be a house wife. :)

Ross MwcFan

I'd love it if women persued more.

Whether I'd be suspicious/leery or not would depend on the situation and the girl.