Lovers to Friends, Did I blow it?

sportygirl84

So I was dating this guy that I was really liked until things we're getting serious. We both from the beginning didn't want anything serious because he was only here in my state for a short contract engineering job but I also was moving to his state before I met him, so I had my reasons of not wanting anything serious cause I'm moving this summer out of state to where he permenantly lives (plus I didn't tell him from the beginning that I was already planning on moving to his state way before I met him). FML things get a little too serious than we were ready for, so he get's a little freaked out. So he finds another girl to get casual with. I'm crushed and take everything the wrong way, so I break things off and he gets upset that I don't even want to be his life. I just wanted space. So I don't talk to him for a few weeks and finally get back in touch. He's happy to hear from me. We go out to a comedy club and he asks if I'm dating other people and I tell him yes casually. He gets jealous a little bit and then I get drunk and end the night asking him "feeling" questions about the last time I saw him which was me breaking things off. He said he thought about me alot, but didn't miss me. And then blew up at me because of my questions and we got into a huge fight. He told me he wanted to just have fun with me and not talk about any of that and wanted to see me again but now I don't know. I told him from the beginning I want to be friends. Now I don't know what to do? Did I loose him as a friend? Can we be friends after this?

I really want to keep this guy in my life. Help!

EyesWideOpen

So let me get this straight...

You wanted to keep it casual, but are crushed when he finds someone else to get casual with? Wouldn't that be a perfect example of not wanting it to be strictly casual?

Regardless, he also doesn't seem to know what he wants. He freaks out when it isn't casual. But then gets jealous that there are other people in your life?

I guess my biggest confusion right now is how are you defining casual?