The What If Guy...

Let me tell you the story...

I have known this guy since I was about 15, I'm now 22. We have never got together properly because the timing has literally never been right, either I have had a boyfriend, he has had a girlfriend or we both have been in relationships. There has been underlying sexual tension and just a mutual attraction there for years. I think at the moment I am feeling more for him than he feels for me.

Last weekend we were both at a party and drunk- this same situation has happened a few times recently and we've kissed and fooled around and talked about feelings and stayed up until the sun came up. Last weekend however it went the whole way and we ended up sleeping together.

The problem is we can't be together right now and I don't think he is wanting a relationship anyway. He said to me last weekend, before we slept together that he couldn't give me what I wanted and I said I understood. Basically I am finishing Uni in June and he is joining the army around the same time so the only time we have seen each other has been when I have been home for the holidays and we both understand there would be no point starting anything.

I guess I just feel a bit down about the whole situation, I'm glad we slept together because I would have regretted it not happening and especially with him going in the army you never know what is going to happen.

I just am a little lost now, I know it was never going to be anything but I cant help but wish for more. Should I swallow my feelings and be cool about the whole thing and just accept we'll always just be friends that had that thing that time?